More 2018 Mustang Spied Pics...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Looks like the same air vents on current cars. Maybe someone can enhance this to see if we can make out the gauges or other details?

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Maybe that center support in the lower air grill area might just be there to hide a new collision detection sensor.

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Follow what would be the style line from the side mirror forward towards the grill corner. You know that STUPID line shared by the Focus and the Fusion that adds un-needed height to the hood of the S550. The thing that is gone on the GT350 hood.

Well,
Looks like it makes a curve/turn similar just forward of the windshield similar to that of the GT350.

It then gets difficult to tell what is happening from there due to visual camo. But it almost looks like there is a covering/wrap that is pulled tight from the high point of the hood to the edge of the hood helping diffuse what is going on.

Certain side shots seem to show the hood coming down low to top of fender level about midway to the front of the car from the windshield.

Definitely looking forward to what is going on with the hood.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
im not very familiar with test mules so I could be WAY off... but there is "caution fuel drain" sticker on the bumper... any chance that is indicative of a flex fuel option from the factory? possibly the exposed drain for ease of changing fuels for epa testing/flex fuel testing?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
im not very familiar with test mules so I could be WAY off... but there is "caution fuel drain" sticker on the bumper... any chance that is indicative of a flex fuel option from the factory? possibly the exposed drain for ease of changing fuels for epa testing/flex fuel testing?
All the test prototypes (not just Mustang) have these :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
First image showing what appears to be the running light still low in the bumper (all the other images show a clear-ish rectangle in the camo....with what appears to be camo behind it, but the light is actually on in this photo). Wonder if this is still used for the turn signal, too. I'd assumed/hoped it might use the cool "sequential" turn signal like that of the Fusion, which is located in the headlamp.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
All the test prototypes (not just Mustang) have these :)
damn, i was hoping that it might be what i was thinking. flex fuel is so nice, and would be even better as a factory option. plus, it would be a cool way for them to advertise a higher hp, and give the bowtie guys a run for their money.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
First image showing what appears to be the running light still low in the bumper (all the other images show a clear-ish rectangle in the camo....with what appears to be camo behind it, but the light is actually on in this photo). Wonder if this is still used for the turn signal, too. I'd assumed/hoped it might use the cool "sequential" turn signal like that of the Fusion, which is located in the headlamp.

Good catch there. That's a little bit of a bummer. Those chunky turn signals are probably my least favorite part of the current front bumper and figured that would be removed on the new cars since it's probably the most "old fashioned" part of the front end. A sequential turn signal using the tri-bars in the headlights would have been a no-brainer. It looks awesome in the aftermarket applications:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Good Point, but its questionable If that would be allowed in the EU or Germany
Yeah I guess that may be a limiter for them. Those EU rules make me scratch my head though. Laser headlights and advanced rear OLED turn signals and lights are allowed, but for some reason they aren't allowed up front? Doesn't make sense. With Audi and Lexus it's the other way around, Europe gets the cool lights and here in the states our laws prohibit them.

Edit: The Ford Fusion (Mondeo in Europe) gets the turn signals in the headlights. So why couldn't they just make them non-sequential in the european model if that's the issue? :shrug:

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I agree with you, its complete and utter nonsense! It will get changed once VW and Audi want to use it ;)

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
The rear bumper cover is completely different. Look how the plate is in a recess now where as the current car is not. Looks like they've removed some of the chamfer of the lower portion and fattened, rounded it up a bit.

It could be padded out but its hard to tell, and you can see the back up sensors so it may not be!

30129026300_ee271e9ac5_b.jpg
016_2018-FORD-MUSTANG-SPY-PHOTOS-CHRIS-DOANE_zpsnabozbyl by D.C. 83, on Flickr

28667541312_4362d2c8af_b.jpg
Fixed by D.C. 83, on Flickr

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that's the mostly finished new rear bumper. I'd expect some piece to finish off the exhaust tip area obviously. Another thing I noticed looking at these back end pictures is that it looks like the center part of the deck lid has a raised and rounded protrusion, suggesting a faux gas cap on this mule. Unless all models will get it, the only 2 cars that would be on would be a California Special or Bullitt...

Also looks like blind spot monitoring will remain an option as this mule has the bubbles in the corners of the side mirrors.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I think your all nailing it. It sure looks like the front fenders are a tad wider, new hood, flatter yet rounded rear clip and new speedos...
Sponsored