More 2018 Mustang Spied Pics...

KatoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I'm gonna throw this out there - I think it's safe to say Quad-Tip Exhaust will make it to the production model, although you can't ever be too sure, but judging from the picture, it will be more along the lines of the Roush Quad-Tip Mufflers.

For those not "in the know", they come in "Active Ready" and "Active". The Roush Quads are similar in design to the '13/'14 GT500 AB and would make more sense from a production standpoint to put on the refresh. I can't see Ford using the GT350 style rear valance/exhaust tips combo on the on anything except its Halo Cars.

I could see Active Exhaust being an option and the "Active Ready" (removable baffles) being standard. Plus it'd be cool if the GPS pinpoint function was brought over from Roush.
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
You can be sure the front and rear fenders are wider than the 2017. I dont think the camo is making the fenders wider.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You can be sure the front and rear fenders are wider than the 2017. I dont think the camo is making the fenders wider.
I hope you're right, but I won't hold my breath.

Strangely, it's only this particular prototype with the quad exhaust that looks like it has the wider fenders.......perhaps due to the lighting conditions/camo combo. Or perhaps this one really is an SE with wider fenders....Mach1? :ninja:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Strangely, it's only this particular prototype with the quad exhaust that looks like it has the wider fenders.......perhaps due to the lighting conditions/camo combo. Or perhaps this one really is an SE with wider fenders....Mach1? :ninja:
I would have loved to see a video with some sound clips to hear what this mule had cooking under the hood. Maybe this week! *fingers crossed*

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

They could very well offer only the GT with the quad exhaust now while the EB only gets the dual exhaust.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
If rumors are correct and the 5.0 dies off, this may be the last body style we see with a proper 5.0 in it in our lifetime.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yep, I suspect that'll be the case. Hope the GT's quads are active :cool:
I kinda feel they are going the Audi/BMW route here. The EB would be the A series, the GT would be the S series and the GT350 would be the RS series..they are sorta following the same roadmap. The S series goes up to quad pipes and better gear/equipment and then the RS series is the track car, just like the GT350 is.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Maybe they're following Dodge's route and making active exhaust standard on all V8 Mustangs?

For MY2017 all V8 Chargers and Challengers (5.7,6.4 and Hellcat) are getting their dual mode system.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Maybe they're following Dodge's route and making active exhaust standard on all V8 Mustangs?

For MY2017 all V8 Chargers and Challengers (5.7,6.4 and Hellcat) are getting their dual mode system.
Prob both lol...can't wait for the rest of the updates/reveal.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Anxiously awaiting the next spy shots. C'mon, it's been days lol

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Prob both lol...can't wait for the rest of the updates/reveal.
My guess is they did test and the take rate was going to be high enough to just make it standard and amortize it across the entire trim...if they were to make it standard.

I think it's a smart idea to do so, especially if they tie it into driving modes (IE S+=Wide open)
Sponsored