Modifying

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hey everyone I have been looking to modify my 2017 mustang GT in Illinois. It seems every shop I call has been outrageous with install prices. Ranging from 2k-3k for a whipple Supercharger gen 5 install with OPGs/CS. Does anyone know any shops within a reasonable distance that won’t try to rob me silly?
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Hey everyone I have been looking to modify my 2017 mustang GT in Illinois. It seems every shop I call has been outrageous with install prices. Ranging from 2k-3k for a whipple Supercharger gen 5 install with OPGs/CS. Does anyone know any shops within a reasonable distance that won’t try to rob me silly?
A big factor depends on where you live. The 1k-2k dollar range isn't necessarily a bad deal. If they guarantee their work and are able to dyno tune your car after, the 2k-2.5k dollar range isn't bad either. If the price is too high it usually means they don't want to do the job.

Here's another thread about this subject on this forum: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/whipple-install-price.97746/

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the part about oil pump gears. Yes, 2k-3k dollar range sounds right for Whipple install and oil pump gears.

Last edited:

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Wow, Two threads opened in one morning asking the same question on the same page. Nobody is robbing you silly. If you wanta go F1 it's likely just gonna cost ya 8-9k all in. Also, you should likely do your half shafts if you're gonna go big power. Best of luck.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
As I said in your other post 2k to 3k sounds about right for supercharger and opg/cs. not sure why you think you are getting ripped off, that is a 20+ hr job at $100 to $150/hr depending on the shops labor rates. Talk to steve at untamed auto in schaumburg and see what he has to say. He is one of the best mustang performance shops we have around. All in I was at $8600 for whipple gen 5, supercharger install, and opg/cs install.

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Ask what their hourly rate is and ask them what the install time is.
Techs make good money because they will quote the job at 16 hours of labor at 120 an hour, then they complete the work in 10 hours yet still get paid for 16. Pretty common.
Although I don't blame them, they didn't get into that business to make "just enough" they want to be successful and they have a skill that you don't you and tool investments that are crazy expensive.
Plus with oil pump gears you have to re-time the engine I believe. From what I have seen that's pretty tedious.

Sponsored

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Thank you for the responses. I am new to the forum and the forum got posted twice. I am trying to get this done soon because my mother has stage 4 brain cancer and I wanted her to at least drive in it. She always had super fast cars when she was growing up and gave that up to have my brother and I. I wanted to one day give the car to my mom to thank her for being a wonderful woman.

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Wow, Two threads opened in one morning asking the same question on the same page. Nobody is robbing you silly. If you wanta go F1 it's likely just gonna cost ya 8-9k all in. Also, you should likely do your half shafts if you're gonna go big power. Best of luck.
I was looking at halfshafts as well since I hear they go, thought about longtubes as well but I would have to go high-flow because I wouldn’t pass emissions

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
2-3k for opg and whipple is kind of along the lines for the install. You’re not factoring in gaskets, oil change, coolant, etc etc Is that including the boost a pump or whatever you chose, tuning. Tuning is $300-800. Get details of whats happening because shops will add on like crazy.

what shops around here do it? I on.y know if DynoMP in hampshire

OP
OP

2017s550white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
2-3k for opg and whipple is kind of along the lines for the install. You’re not factoring in gaskets, oil change, coolant, etc etc Is that including the boost a pump or whatever you chose, tuning. Tuning is $300-800. Get details of whats happening because shops will add on like crazy.

what shops around here do it? I on.y know if DynoMP in hampshire
I already dropped over to 9k on gen 5 2 boostapump, opgs cs, lowering springs exhaust BMr lockout kit, headers, craddle bushings, going to do timing chain tensioners and a couple other things. I’m doing it at Untamed Auto in Schaumburg. Steve is the man he himself built his Procharged 5.0 and has done other whipples. I trust him and he actually has a tuner he works with who is doing my car.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Be careful with those BAP’s....my turbo car builder refuses to use them because they aren't reliable and can blow the motor when going lean
Sponsored