Sponsored

MMD GT350 Style front lip

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
Installed this over the weekend. A few notes:
This Lip does NOT fit the PP cars, I guess the PP cars have a different set up on their Undercover. I only know this as the guy I bough it from has a PP Car. My car is a 15 Premium. Was a direct bolt on. The MMD Site does not specify this.
Install only took an hour from start to finish with hand tools.
MMD1.jpg
MMD2.jpg
MMD3.jpg
MMD4.jpg
MMD5.jpg
MMD6.jpg
MMD7.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good, did you notice any gaps like they talked about in this thread?

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
Looks good, did you notice any gaps like they talked about in this thread?

I didn't see any Pics in the thread, but I can assume I have the same issue.

This was a local buy from a fellow club member, who never installed it due to it not fitting his PP. I got it at a steal for 100 bucks.

Only problems is the OEM lip, curves back adding a small 2nd lip that the belly pan attaches too, via 3 screws on either side. The MMD piece does not have this under lip, so the pan hangs on two edges. I fixed this by using some 3m double sided tape to tape the pan to itself, so the edges are not just hanging. The Pan and lip are connected to the car / bumper securely. Took the car on a long 4hr drive on Sunday hitting speeds up to 100 mph. no issues. Everything is very tight. When I get home, i'll take some photos on my fix with the 3m tape.

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
LOOKS GREAT

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Looks fantastic!

Installed this over the weekend. A few notes:
This Lip does NOT fit the PP cars, I guess the PP cars have a different set up on their Undercover. I only know this as the guy I bough it from has a PP Car. My car is a 15 Premium. Was a direct bolt on. The MMD Site does not specify this.
Install only took an hour from start to finish with hand tools.
Someone needs to hurry up and offer a splitter this sexy looking for the 18/19 stangs stat:paddle:

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I ordered mine Saturday, should be here Wednesday. This will be replacing my GT/CS spoiler which replaced my standard GT spoiler. I'll share pics when I get it installed too.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=7389]Rickycardo[/MENTION] any reason in particular you're dropping the CS one?!

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
As nice as the GT/CS spoiler is it still sticks straight out from the nose of the car. There's no downward sweep when you look at it from the side. I want something different, a little more aggressive looking and that points down a little more.
I will also test to see if the Sto-n-Go license bracket for the CS fits this new spoiler. News to follow.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, I call first dibs :p I think you might be closer though and with a big part like that shipping is a concern

Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I just installed this on my 2015 EcoBoost Premium (not performance pack) and the install went well, with a couple of things you discover along the way.

1) The belly pan is not going to connect to this chin spoiler in 6 places, so it's 2x3 spots on left and right

2) It still feels sturdy to me, but I see not other way to reasonably attach it to anything so it is what it is

3) The final 6 screws which all line up center / front are going to go through the belly pan and through the spoiler into the bumper, so do not attach those until last

I hope these pictures help, I think it looks great! I hit a raccoon and had to replace many front end parts this week, so thought I would go with something new (pictured without 10" stripes replaced yet, since I had to get a new bumper).
2015-mmd350-front-screw-close-up.jpg
2015-mmd350-front-6-screws.jpg
2015-mmd350-left-3-screws.jpg
2015-mmd350-installed-raw.jpg

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I dont like how bulky it is at the corners and how it looks like it curves up in the center. Someone make a decent chin splitter please

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I dont like how bulky it is at the corners and how it looks like it curves up in the center. Someone make a decent chin splitter please
It's more like it flattens out, kind of an optical illusion where it seems like it turns upward.

I like how it squares up the front a bit and extends things, also it doesn't extend low so less curb issues than some designs.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Sorry guys, I forgot to add a pic of mine after the install. I love the more aggressive look. Never going back to another splitter. I ended up scrapping my GT/CS splitter. I accidentally curbed the splitter and tore all the center holes.
I added the new grill from Custom Car Grilles at the same time. Sorry the car is filthy.
20180527_075543_resized.jpg
:frown:

Atticaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Can the OEM standard lip be installed under to reinforce this MMD one? I know the Ikon Motorsports one leaves room for it and it helps to hold the belly pan the way it should be held, with those 6 outer mounting points.
Sponsored