Missing Speaker?

hvac999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium Coupe
I have a 2016 Ecoboost Premium with the Shaker sound system but, there is no speaker in the trunk as I have read. Someone please advise.
Sponsored

Killerbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Shadow Black
You either have the 9 speaker system or it was removed. Did you buy the car brand new?

OP
OP
hvac999

hvac999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
I bought it used.

OP
OP
hvac999

hvac999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
I did obtain a copy of the original window sticker and it just said Shaker audio system.

OP
OP
hvac999

hvac999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
I have to correct myself. The window sticker states Premium Sound but inside the car it says Shaker.

Sponsored

Killerbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Shadow Black
Yea. I believe the shakers had two separate configurations. 9 speaker and 12 speaker. The OEM sub is crap anyway. I would suggest a powered sub like the rockford fosgate p12-300. It was simple to install (soldered into the rear deck speakers) and gave me the lows that were missing. Now this setup wont be a crazy amount of bass, but imo this was enough for me. Not to mention $250 for everything.

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a 2017 GT Premium w/ 9-speaker system. It's labeled "Shaker" and did not come with a subwoofer. This is true of any stock car with 9 speakers. They consist of 3-way components in the driver and passenger fronts (6 speakers), one center channel speaker, and two rear speakers. There is no factory connection for a subwoofer in the 2015-2017 cars. There are means to add one either with a line-out converter or by patching into wiring between the head unit and factory amplifier for signal and running that to your aftermarket amplifier.
Sponsored