Sponsored

Mishimoto oil catch can install help

Monica_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack
Currently in the process of installing an oil catch can I got off someone in the forum. Install is almost done but the pipe going from the "out" of the catch can and into what I believe is the intake manifold doesn't seem to be secure at all. It is extremely loose, however the clips seem to have clipped in completely and do not seem damaged at all. The clips even made the clipping sound, however the pipe isn't all that secure, and has quite a lot of play to it.

This happen to anyone else? Any suggestions on what to do?

I'll also include a picture of the clip and pipe that I am talking about.

Thanks for the help!
IMG_0053.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Currently in the process of installing an oil catch can I got off someone in the forum. Install is almost done but the pipe going from the "out" of the catch can and into what I believe is the intake manifold doesn't seem to be secure at all. It is extremely loose, however the clips seem to have clipped in completely and do not seem damaged at all. The clips even made the clipping sound, however the pipe isn't all that secure, and has quite a lot of play to it.

This happen to anyone else? Any suggestions on what to do?

I'll also include a picture of the clip and pipe that I am talking about.

Thanks for the help!
That hose and clamp look very worn; I would replace them.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Just replace the clamp with a worm drive clamp, and if necessary, grab some fuel line hose to replace the actual hose.

JR

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Hmm. Methinks we have a communication breakdown. Aren't we talking about the black plastic fitting with the green retainer clip? I get the impression the two members that have replied are talking about the black rubber hose and rusty metal crimp-clamp that are affixed to the TurboSmart Boost Reference Adapter tower.

As for the clip (assuming I have understood the OP)...

It is possible for a retainer clip like that green one to engage into its grooves even though the fitting has not been pressed far enough onto the barb.

If you had the hose in your hand you could still press/click the retainer into its "locked" position - so I'm gonna guess that you have done essentially the same thing. Without using excessive force, see if you can pull the fitting off the barb beneath. If yes - you've solved the problem. Simply dis-engage the green retainer and press the fitting a little further onto the barb before you snap the retainer into its locked position.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Monica_Stang

Monica_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure the fitting still has it's o-ring.
Oh man. Just checked the box and they seem to have fallen out.:doh: I didn’t see them cuz they were under newspaper in the packing... This might explain things.

If not I’ll just get another hose and worm clamp it.

Thanks all for your help:cheers:

OP
OP
Monica_Stang

Monica_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm. Methinks we have a communication breakdown. Aren't we talking about the black plastic fitting with the green retainer clip? I get the impression the two members that have replied are talking about the black rubber hose and rusty metal crimp-clamp that are affixed to the TurboSmart Boost Reference Adapter tower.

As for the clip (assuming I have understood the OP)...

It is possible for a retainer clip like that green one to engage into its grooves even though the fitting has not been pressed far enough onto the barb.

If you had the hose in your hand you could still press/click the retainer into its "locked" position - so I'm gonna guess that you have done essentially the same thing. Without using excessive force, see if you can pull the fitting off the barb beneath. If yes - you've solved the problem. Simply dis-engage the green retainer and press the fitting a little further onto the barb before you snap the retainer into its locked position.
Yes the green fasteners are what I’m talking about. My apologies. I would have circled it but I did the post quickly from my iPad. I Think the o rings might be the problem though. Thanks for the help and advice :thumbsup:
Sponsored