Sponsored

Mishimoto Intercooler Impressions

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
This is EXACTLY what I felt when I compared Stage 1 to Stage 2 after I had the cp-e Delta Core intercooler installed. Which might be normal, because Stage 2 is designed for COBB FMIC, which is different than Mishimoto (and cp-e).
Stage 1 it is then lol. Thanks for all the input.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Or even better, go for an e-tune. A pro-tuner will be able to better exploit the capabilities of your FMIC, so that you can use it at its full potential.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Or even better, go for an e-tune. A pro-tuner will be able to better exploit the capabilities of your FMIC, so that you can use it at its full potential.
Most definitely, but not now lol. Just spent money on the IC. Maybe in the next few months.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I am not following you.
He was basically talking about some comments Adam made when the engines first started to blow and some around here were quoting ad nauseam.

You are the only one who brought other companies into this thread. And Adam has had his hand in some of the most pushed 2.3 EB on the planet (ie: F-RS).

His massive activity with this engine, logic dictates there is bound to be unexplainables & outlayers. As a community, we know this is not the "norm" & every well known tune shop, will also tell you that. Including ones working directly with Ford Performance.

So, if you have a problem with his tune, I suggest you take it up with him in private. I would be saying the same if it was Livernois, Roush, Lund, Watson Engineering, Full Race, etc.
I guess the question becomes how many "unexplainables and outlayers" (as you put it)?

It is fine for him to post. Helps new people to know things are not all rosy when it comes to tunes.

Heck, I still wonder why a tuner will mess up some engines but then no one bothers to post about it (not Adam, but another tuner). Tuner told me this happened but no one reported it (that I can find). Someone talking about it can make some feel uncomfortable... oh well.

Plus, I think Adam can take care of himself... the way that he has acted on the forum over the last couple of years, I'm sure of it (he did not call himself his nickname because it sounded nice).
Sponsored