Sponsored

Misfire from 3-4k rpm Pro Charger D1-X gt350 throttle body culprit ?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Right? Find someone that blamed an engine failure because their plug was one step too hot........
Running big boost and too hot of a plug could cause an issue...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike K.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
It’s 900 on a mustang dyno so probably damn close if not over 1k on a dynojet. Safety wise I went back and forth in my head but my builder /tuber definitely is more race oriented than Street and some aspects of the car are setup that way and he knows I wanna push it hard hence the cold plugs.

the car just feels so perfect when I drive it hard I decided to leave the colder plugs in. Builder even told me that I paid for all these parts because they can handle the power so may as well use it as intended.

Anyways thanks for the updates guys , i really thought it was the Throttle Body at first but spark plug makes more sense so at least I have somewhere to go next if I want.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Running big boost and too hot of a plug could cause an issue...
"Could"

Lot of things "Could" happen in life.

but yes..... In an extreme ragged edged combustion situation.....It "Could"

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
To keep the conversation going and educational purposes. At what point would you recommend a colder plug than the 6510’s?
Over 1000hp, I'd go one step colder than 6510.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Guess I’ll need to start looking into that soon then! Appreciate your thoughts!
If over 1khp and at dyno, track or hway hits, I'd do 2 ranges colder than stock. But if street or cruising especially in colder weather, u can go 1 range colder no problem.

OP
OP
Mike K.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Rehashing I decided I wanted the streetability vs the ultra cold plug but low and behold when I took out my plugs to swap to the 6510s I found that 6510s were already in it so I was wrong about the tr7ix’s . I put new plugs in anyways and gapped to .028 but raining now so can’t take it out yet.

that being said if it still has the low rpm stumble it can’t be the plugs so maybe coil pack or tune then ?

For anybody new that reads this I have a d1x that runs awesome at high rpm ( anything above 3.5 k rpm ) and dynos well also 900 rwhp on a mustang dyno, below that anything more than 25% throttle cause some misfiring/ stumbling you can see the vid of it in the attatched vid on my 1st post. Runs on E85 also fwiw and just trying to make it as streetable as possible

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Rehashing I decided I wanted the streetability vs the ultra cold plug but low and behold when I took out my plugs to swap to the 6510s I found that 6510s were already in it so I was wrong about the tr7ix’s . I put new plugs in anyways and gapped to .028 but raining now so can’t take it out yet.

that being said if it still has the low rpm stumble it can’t be the plugs so maybe coil pack or tune then ?

For anybody new that reads this I have a d1x that runs awesome at high rpm ( anything above 3.5 k rpm ) and dynos well also 900 rwhp on a mustang dyno, below that anything more than 25% throttle cause some misfiring/ stumbling you can see the vid of it in the attatched vid on my 1st post. Runs on E85 also fwiw and just trying to make it as streetable as possible
Have you logged this behavior?
Who is your tuner?
What are your fuel trims?
What are the exact codes you get?
Sponsored