Misfire at startup HELP

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
Hi there, I just all of a sudden started getting some misfiring when cold starting. Just started doing it one day.
essentially brand new ngk plugs. I’m running e85 so a hard cold start is to be expected but I through a light the other day and I can tell some unturned fuel is making it into the exhaust as I’m getting some intermittent back fire.

After 5-10 seconds it sounds perfectly fine and runs great. Any thoughts? I’m gonna pull the plugs just to check....Any one know how to test for a faulty coil pack?
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if the car is firing fine after the start, I don't know if that would be faulty coil pack. assuming just some dirty plugs, wire brush them or toss a new set in since you took the effort to pull them anyway.

if I ever pull plugs on a vehicle I almost always put new ones in since I did the effort to pull to check, if you install new plugs and still hesitating I would go towards coil pack, or the next in line that could cause the issue, but imo plugs are cheapest option and can always benefit with a new fresh set anyway

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
have the temps dropped drastically where you're at? i know mine on e85 has the same issue but only when its around 30-40 degrees, the days it warms up above 50 it starts just fine no codes

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
if the car is firing fine after the start, I don't know if that would be faulty coil pack. assuming just some dirty plugs, wire brush them or toss a new set in since you took the effort to pull them anyway.

if I ever pull plugs on a vehicle I almost always put new ones in since I did the effort to pull to check, if you install new plugs and still hesitating I would go towards coil pack, or the next in line that could cause the issue, but imo plugs are cheapest option and can always benefit with a new fresh set anyway
Good advice , I’ll check them out

OP
OP
Bmaughan

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
have the temps dropped drastically where you're at? i know mine on e85 has the same issue but only when its around 30-40 degrees, the days it warms up above 50 it starts just fine no codes
Yeah actually it has... probably just below 50 degrees in the garage in the morning... that would make sense.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Good advice , I’ll check them out
I always start with the cheapest possible fix and move foreword eliminating it, I mean you always benefit with new plugs,and it’s cheap enough to sart with.

ive fixed expensive items to move down the chain and find out it was a connector lol
Sponsored