Sponsored

MiniDSP C-DSP 6x8 - New Audio Solution

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
http://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/c-dsp-6x8-detail

So AFTER (figures) i build my audio system utilizing two MiniDSP 2x4 and MiniDC, this new product comes out. It is a more clean and integrated setup than what I had in My Custom Audio Build thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29714

C-DSP accepts low (up to 4V RMS) and high (up to 8V RMS) level inputs so this would work great with base or premium model owners. The MiniDC that I used on mine is integrated into this unit instead of being a separate exposed board. It also has an IR remote kit so you can control it from the cabin. It also looks like it supports multiple configurations where as my MiniDSPs only can support one currently tuned for the driver. Looking at the user manual the UI is definitely nicer than two 2x4.

While not a revolution better than my two 2x4 setup it is definitely evolutionary. If I were to build right now I would use this.

Sponsored

Last edited:

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I just saw this too. I'm thinking about picking it up.

I read your build thread the other day and really liked your setup.

How are you time aligning the drivers (ie what measurement equipment are you using)?

I have calibrated mics and have used REW for home theater. I'm not 100% clear on how to get a timing reference in the car. Need to do some research.

OP
OP

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
my friend did all the tuning, not sure on the specific equipment. For fixing time delays , I believe we picked the furthest speaker which was the subwoofers and used that as the zero reference for each side. I think the 2x4 MiniDSP only had a max of 7 something ms for the time delay. This C-DSP says it can go up to 15ms time delay

OP
OP

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
manual talks about the unit learning from an existing remote, not it being included. My bad on that part

Sponsored

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Per the spec sheet on their site:

-[FONT=&quot]Wired external remote for volume [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]control and preset selection[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-I.R. remote control for [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]volume control and preset recall[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sounds like you can use wired or IR wireless.
[/FONT]

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Maybe a little pickup eye at the end of a wire plugs into it? Then you could run that wire up into the cabin.

miniDSP always comes up with useful clever products, and the price is right.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I ordered one of these.

I've used a few different Minidsp devices for my home audio projects. Figured I'd give one of these a try on a new audio setup for my mustang.

Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
So I was planning on picking up the AudioControl DQ-61. How does this compare??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BadDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
My C-DSP arrived yesterday, along with the UMIK, my amps and speakers. Going to start installing today, I'm so excited to hear what this is capable of!

I was torn between the C-DSP and a JBL MS-8, but after quite a bit of reasearch I went with the C-DSP because I believe you can attain the same quality, if not better, then the MS-8. It's like a swiss army knife, you can accomplish pretty much anything you want.

Once I have the new speakers in and the amp gains set I'm going to use REW (Room EQ Wizard) to setup a flat response, then I'll measure the distance from my head to all the speakers for the C-DSP's time alignment.

https://www.minidsp.com/applications/auto-eq-with-rew

OP
OP

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
curious, how do you plan to input the test signal. 16 Stangs dont have the aux in :(

one thing i notice is the C-DSP has higher time delay ceiling than my 2x4 MiniDSPs

So I was planning on picking up the AudioControl DQ-61. How does this compare??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MiniDSP does the same thing (except its not a LOC) but digitally through software instead of all these knobs and switches on the DQ 61. MiniDSP seems easier to use than messing with all of these dials

Last edited:

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
The MS-8 is discontinued now I believe so you would have to find some old stock or a used unit. Let us know how it goes.
Sponsored