mini spare kit needed for '19 Premium with 20's

Kennyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Turbo S
Just bought a new 2019 GT Premium with 20inch wheels. What are my options for something that will stow flat in the wheel well and you can drive on under 50 mph for about 50 miles? I can't seem to get consistent information. Thanks View attachment 320629
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
the Mini Spare tire is only listed for Non-PP and Non-20" option cars.
Will not clear PP brake calipers and Ford states will not fit 20" option car (can't fathom why not...)
Ford part # is FR3Z1K007C and any dealer can order (comes with Spare tire, Jack and mounting kit)
~$225

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kennyboy

Kennyboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Turbo S
I ended up buying the spare that is supposedly suitable for Brembos and also 20" wheels from some guy on this forum. Fits my wheel well, but $525 was a bit steep for something I probably won't ever use.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
I ended up buying the spare that is supposedly suitable for Brembos and also 20" wheels from some guy on this forum. Fits my wheel well, but $525 was a bit steep for something I probably won't ever use.
yeah, that's a little steep but the piece of mind is worth it.
I told the dealer I wasn't taking the car unless it had a physical spare tire, they ate the cost and had a spare tire and jack kit overnighted. ;)
saved me a couple hundred...

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
the Mini Spare tire is only listed for Non-PP and Non-20" option cars.
Will not clear PP brake calipers and Ford states will not fit 20" option car (can't fathom why not...)
Ford part # is FR3Z1K007C and any dealer can order (comes with Spare tire, Jack and mounting kit)
~$225
Ford claims the reason you can't get the spare with the 20" wheels is the mismatch of the summer-only tires with the all-season spare.

If that's actually a concern, the overpriced aftermarket solution isn't a good idea. I think it's an all-season tire isn't it?

Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Ford claims the reason you can't get the spare with the 20" wheels is the mismatch of the summer-only tires with the all-season spare.

If that's actually a concern, the overpriced aftermarket solution isn't a good idea. I think it's an all-season tire isn't it?
I went and looked at mine, it just shows Maxxis as the manufacturer, shows its a radial with the tire size and "temporary" molded into the sidewall.
no mention on summer or all season anywhere on the side facing up ( to much stuff in the trunk to remove to check the other side)
it looks like an all-season, honestly. (no cold weather warning and no mountain peak or snowflake logos either)

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
20190111_163020.jpg
20190111_163408.jpg
20190111_164340 (1).jpg
I put together a spare tire kit for my 2018 PP1 GT. Here is what I did . Tire and wheel are from /www.automotiveauthorityllc.com. The jack, torque wrench, socket , extension and tire blocks are from AutoZone, yes it is a powered scissor jack. I added a Air dragon for adding air for slow leaks and finished it up with a tarp and gloves.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
How much was it?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
the tire/rim was 399 with free shipping, (check out the link for details), and the jack was 99. the torque wrench was 20 bucks I think the rest I had. If you ever have a flat on the freeway or most streets without a spare the only choice is to have your car towed to a place to get a tire. I had this happen with another car and I will never be without a spare again. very bad memories.
Sponsored