Michelin PS4S

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Not an actual 18:

[ame]

But notice how Ford outfitted this demo card with PS4S tyres, maybe they were like oh my god, its going to be wet and cold, the car is going to handle like shit and were trying to drive fast on a track.

OK not a problem get rid of those fucking shite Pzero and get some PS4S slapped on and the cold and wet no longer and issue. :)
Sponsored

stevesx987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Bridgestones??

I used to run Bridgestone 050's on my boxster and they were great. It's a given that pilot super sports are the best tyre for grip, but has anyone switched to Bridgestone Potenza S01?? For rears they're about £200 each.

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
I used to run Bridgestone 050's on my boxster and they were great. It's a given that pilot super sports are the best tyre for grip, but has anyone switched to Bridgestone Potenza S01?? For rears they're about £200 each.
Yeh. I am running 20 inch Potenza S001 tyres. Fantastic Grip, even it the wet ....no aqua-plane...just grip all the time...so much grip it is even difficult to spin, smoke the rears !!!
I reckon they are Great Tyres!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
The car that Ford submitted to Autocar for road test had winter tyres fitted & they noted this but did not say what they were. I asked Ford customer relations & they could not tell me or make recommendations.

Mustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (TY, UCL 87, appeared on Top Gear)
MPS4S fitted, great price Formula One autocentres

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S now fitted to the rears on my GT, too few miles yet to say anything about handling and grip.

Got a great deal which I have detailed below.:)

After much ringing around found my local (Chichester) branch of Formula One autocentres :first: could supply and fit both for £446.63, which even beats CAMSKILL when factoring in fitting etc. ATS wanted £604 for 2!

Hardly anyone has these listed yet and most of the other suppliers could not be bothered to even check with Michelin. Rich the Manager at F1 Chichester (01243 790055) couldn't have been more helpful, even checked on availability of fronts, but apparently Michelin only have MPS4 in 255 in UK.

A Mustang just seems to bring out the best in people.

Kristian did look into group buy but all got a bit complex. Slowhand thanks for offer of exhaust, just don't have the time at the moment.

Cheers for all the advice.:cheers:

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Hardly anyone has these listed yet and most of the other suppliers could not be bothered to even check with Michelin. Rich the Manager at F1 Chichester (01243 790055) couldn't have been more helpful, even checked on availability of fronts, but apparently Michelin only have MPS4 in 255 in UK.
[MENTION=21307]Mustang65[/MENTION] Camskill look to have both fronts and rears in stock for the GT

Last edited:

Mustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spider, just checked website and you're right they do have them listed. I would ring before ordering to be certain though.

Still have loads of tread on PZeros on the front so OK for now.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Spider, just checked website and you're right they do have them listed. I would ring before ordering to be certain though.

Still have loads of tread on PZeros on the front so OK for now.
Had an email confirmation that they came into stock today.

Mustang65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for info.

It will be interesting to see what people say about handling and grip with a full set.

Sponsored

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My rears went on last weekend and I’m staggered at the difference in grip. No more sideways fun in the dry!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Discount code at mytyres.co.uk SSRDUK18

Only 5% but if you are spending nearly a grand...……..

Does the Asda (?) trick still work?

acull2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
iPace
Thanks [MENTION=15533]slowhand99[/MENTION], 5% works at Mytyres, though the price has now shot up to £238.10 per tyre, so well above Camskill even with discount.

Couldn't get Asda code to work - maybe they've cottoned on. Either way, they don't seem to have PS4S available online :(

My remaining question is - does it matter if I deviate from the stock Ecoboost load rating (96Y = 186kph, 710kg)?
- Ecoboost GVW rating is something like 2150kg, so presumably any load index above 88 (=560kg) would be ok? Would a higher load rating (eg 100 = 800kg) have any negative impact to the tyre (stiffer sidewalls?)

For anyone else searching, I think the remaining online options regarding price (based on 4 tyres inc. delivery) are:

Sponsored