Michelin PS4S Vs PS5

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Just thinking ahead for when the tyres need to be replaced.
Assuming by then, the PS5S won’t be announced/released. would you still pick the PS4S over the new PS5?
Daily driver and no track use. Planning to use the same tyres for winter as the original 4S were fine.
The PS5’s promise more thread life and better all year round/temperature performance but the 4S have been tested and highly rated for the Mustang as originally supplied (2018+). So not too sure. Has anyone tried the PS5’s yet?
Sponsored

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
The PS5 is not a replacement for the PS4S, it’s the PS4 replacement. I haven’t driven on PS5s but according to both Michelin and Tyre Test the 4S is still the better ‘sports’ tyre with clearly better performance in the dry but perhaps a close run thing in the wet. The main, and only advantage, the PS5 holders over the 4S is longevity.

Therefore if you like to drive on the limit in the wet and like long lasting tyres then the PS5 might be the choice, otherwise the 4S is still the better tyre overall.

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!
PS5S not available yet, limited sizes too in normal PS5.
I have some PS5 on the front of my BMW 840d and they are really, really good!
Wish they would hurry and release more sizes in even just the normal PS5. I would happily run these on the Mustang! If you are looking to track and save a few tenths of a second then the 's' tyre would be for you ;)

V2bng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Just thinking ahead for when the tyres need to be replaced.
Assuming by then, the PS5S won’t be announced/released. would you still pick the PS4S over the new PS5?
Daily driver and no track use. Planning to use the same tyres for winter as the original 4S were fine.
The PS5’s promise more thread life and better all year round/temperature performance but the 4S have been tested and highly rated for the Mustang as originally supplied (2018+). So not too sure. Has anyone tried the PS5’s yet?
I just had ps5 fitted at 1st mot as essential to pass, haven't driven much to know about handling and grip yet but disappointed with the lack of rim protection compared to the ps4s. On my 19 plate bullitt

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I just had ps5 fitted at 1st mot as essential to pass, haven't driven much to know about handling and grip yet but disappointed with the lack of rim protection compared to the ps4s. On my 19 plate bullitt
Thanks for sharing that. Rim protection is important to me given where I am. I am always impressed at how much the PS4S's & the Y-spoke factory wheels rim protection is. Looks much more than other tyre/wheel combos.
Sponsored