MGW X-spec Short throw knob

stang980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zurual
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I recently ordered the MGW X-spec short throw for my 2019 Mustang GT. I have always wanted to pair this new shifter with a high quality Raceseng knob. However, I've heard some conflicting information on rather the Raceseng knobs fit the MGW. Some folks have told me it will fit it perfectly and others said you need separately purchased adapters to make it fit.

I figured I can find the answer here since Raceseng has yet to answer my email. The knob I am looking at is https://raceseng.com/slammer-translucent-gate-1-m12x1-25mm-shifter-arm#. Will I have any issues fitting this on the MGW X-spec? If I need a adapter, does anyone know which one I get? Lastly, read another thread where they said the weighted Raceseng knobs are too heavy for the MGW and damage it's spring (for Reverse pushdown). Anyone running a Ashiko or Slammer with the MGW, for a good duration, tested this?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
When I wanted a custom knob for my MGW X-spec flat stick, I emailed MGW to inquire about the thread size and pitch to order (3/8-16 for the flat stick). They sent me an answer very quickly. You should ask MGW what you'll need in terms of an adapter, and what they think about using that knob on their shifter.