Metrovac anyone?

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone use the Metrovac Vac N Blo? The kit with the car detail accessories is around $450 and I want to know if it’s worth that before I drop the coin. Perhaps @DFB5.0 @Les or @WD Pro have some experience?
Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I only use it to vacuum. I have another Metro blower for drying. I use my leave blower sometimes when I’m to lazy to get the extension cord out.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Does anyone use the Metrovac Vac N Blo?
JSG: I got mine before they figured out that they could make a vacuum out of the rig as well so I only use it for drying the car. In that mode, it works extremely well. No more drying towels!

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone use the Metrovac Vac N Blo? The kit with the car detail accessories is around $450 and I want to know if it’s worth that before I drop the coin. Perhaps @DFB5.0 @Les or @WD Pro have some experience?
Not me sorry :like:

@kilobravo - Whos that in your current avatar ? If it's the english celeb I think it it's, we share the same (rare) surname - but we are not related, as far as I know, even though I get asked frequently, mostly by men ... lol

WD :like:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I think Metrovac were one of, if not the first to offer something like this. They look very stout/well made.

Compared to a leaf blower, these type of machines heat and filter the air before discharge. This may or may not be of interest to you. In winter, the heating function is very nice to have as it speeds up the process and keeps your hands warm. The filtration aspect is nice to have but not essential.

I have the twin-motor BlowR Big Boi, because, I like POWER! The smaller versions with the single motor can also be had with a vacuum function.

Bigboi BlowR PRO Car Dryer - ESOTERIC Car Care

IMG-0458.jpg

Mine is an earlier version, but they have since come out with updated Pro+ version with power and speed control on the hose outlet. I think that feature alone elevates the Big Boi's over the competition.

Bigboi BlowR PRO+ Car Dryer - ESOTERIC Car Care

Esoteric have a few of them on sale at the moment -
Bigboi Car Dryers (esotericcarcare.com)

I have also been using an EGO 765 blower more and more lately, mainly for the convivence of not lugging a power cord and hose around. A leaf blower won't be as thorough as a dedicated blower, but when I'm time limited or lazy, the EGO is my choice.

IMG_4999.jpg

IMG_5171.jpg

I tried using it with the full length standard tube, but it's too cumbersome like that. You definetly want a stubby nozzle, which transforms the usability of the unit.

Stubby Nozzle Co. STUBBY™ Car Drying Nozzle for EGO Leaf - Etsy

IMG_5861.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

You don't necessarily need an EGO, although they have the best batteries for this, any cordless leaf blower will work and are also available with stubby nozzles.

Stubby nozzle co - Etsy