Xilard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deniel Wells
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Mustang
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a new electric razor after almost 15 years in the 'wet shave' arena... A new job with a lot of travel has prompted the move. I've been a Gillette loyalist for years and I probably still will use when I'm at home but whilst away, for speed and convenience I need to replace my ageing Braun 5-something. - what's wrong with this I hear you say? I haven't used it since Uni and the foil/cutter have corroded, a new one is over ÂŁ40 it's near $50. So I'm going to go with a newy. And I'd hate to imagine what the NiCad batter is like now! Read here good reviews about Braun.

Absolutely no issue with Braun generally, a nice battery life would be good. Thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I personally have a braun series 9 I wet shave in the shower thouth. Lol I just toss some shampoo Or soap or whatever is closest on my face and shave away. I leave it in there for a good month then I toss it on the charger for a clean cycle

I bought it from
Bb&b due to their extremely lenient return policy on the chance I didn’t like it. Mines like 3 years old now. No issues, original foil. But I shave daily. Maybe a 2 day gap, i would if I had longer beard I’d prob razor it down first

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...VB9bACh218AVGEAQYASABEgIMTfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
7546CBF4-6D29-4546-BB8D-8BB02D062308.png

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
I have the Braun Series 9. Not sure of the model but its the Mac Daddy model. I thought my Series 7 couldn't be beat. I was wrong. The Series 9 is as close as a blade smooth

Don

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I gave my series 7 away when I got the 9. I think coming up year 3-4 I might buy a new foil for my 9 though. But problem is reviews claim (not all) but a good amount that the replacement foil isn’t as same quality as the original. Which doesn’t make sense to me as it comes directly from Braun. They go on sale from Best Buy for around 45

Fair
Sponsored