tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Well, it's been a busy couple of days. The adventure started on Monday afternoon when I took the train up to Sydney, staying the night at my folks place, and the next morning Dad and I went down to the dealer - Brad Garlick in Ryde. Can I just say at this point that the dealer has been fantastic, especially Ashleigh who has been looking after me for most of the time. The first guy I had was not very communicative or responsive but he moved on last year, and it really does show that you can't judge a dealer on the actions of an individual employee.

So Ashleigh orchestrated the grand unveiling as she pulled the black sheet off my baby - and wasn't she beautiful! I had a good look over her and could find no issues (I had pre-alerted the fleet manager to look for and rectify some of the common reported faults like bonnet pinch) and after fitting the plates with my Lakin brackets I took her straight over to see Frank at Definitive Car Detailing.

I had organised with Frank to have someone come and apply my Bigworm Graphix stripes at his premises after he had done the initial wash and preparation, however, after being quoted a highway robbery price by the sign company in Lane Cove (a clear case of the Mustang Tax) I decided to do it myself. The kit comes with comprehensive instructions, and having watched a few YouTube videos and being a competent DIYer I decided to do it myself. I knew it would take me several hours and Frank indicated that this would be okay and he could work around me on the other tasks (wheels, interior, engine bay etc.)

Six hours later! I should have realised that it would take me twice as long as I imagined. Exactly the same thing happened with every stage when I owner built my house until I stopped estimating how long each job would take and just did it. Although he wouldn't say it, I know I inconvenienced Frank and although my motivation was to get it to him with the minimum chance of damage or contamination, in hindsight I should have taken the day to do the stripes and then brought it to him the next day.

So Frank has done an awesome job! I got the works including Opticoat Pro+ sprayed on (equivalent of four hand applied coats) full wheels and calipers, engine bay, door jambs, all glass, Opticoat Interior including the boot, and clear film to the headlights, door handle cups and top of the rear bumper to prevent luggage scratches. Expensive, yes, but in my view a worthwhile investment to protect my vehicle.

Pics below and a review of my first two days driving to come. By the way, her name is Ginger. :D
2016-04-29 08.20.52.jpg
2016-04-29 08.16.11.jpg
2016-04-29 08.19.34.jpg
2016-04-29 08.14.55.jpg
2016-04-29 08.14.04.jpg
2016-04-29 08.18.57.jpg
2016-04-29 08.15.39.jpg
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
A beautiful chariot you have there Jason.

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. Dont forget Cars and coffee. I should have named it "a few ponies and my shit box".

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Looks great! Can I ask what side emblems you have? They're exactly what I've been searching for with no luck

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Love it! The stripes look great in gloss black too :headbang:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Jason, I love your car!
Black stripes look sweet.
BTW, your tyres are soooo black that your rims look grey....
Nice.

Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Jason, I love your car!
Black stripes look sweet.
BTW, your tyres are soooo black that your rims look grey....
Nice.
That's probably because of brake dust.

You will get to know the brake dust, and you will get to know and love a wipe cloth in your garage.

I do my silver ones every two to three days.

OP
OP
tarabrae

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Looks great! Can I ask what side emblems you have? They're exactly what I've been searching for with no luck
I got them from BigWorm at the same time as the stripes. You get to choose the colour of your dot.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Looks great! Never been a big fan of the orange personally but with the black stripes it looks really nice. Congratulations!

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
We met ginger in person today. What a looker. Great job on the stripes Jason. Extra motivation now to wade through Fords crap and get my hands on mine

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Hello gorgeous! Looks fantastic. Congratulations Jason.
Sponsored