Sponsored

Media Launch Reviews

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
270kw vs 306kw how is the xr6 turbo faster??????
I don't think anyone is saying that it's faster. It just might FEEL faster (can't confirm yet obviously). I don't have figures to hand but I would guess that the Mustang GT is heavier as well.

Power's not everything. Think of a Lotus Elise: http://www.lotuscars.com.au/lotus-range-elise-s-cr.php

When you put 270kW and 306kW together, it just makes me think that more needs to be eked out of that V8. I don't want my shopping car/glorified taxi being almost as fast as my GT :).
Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Don't XR6Ts also have some overboost in the right atmospheric conditions?

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Perhaps a GT vs. XR6T drag race is in order, if GT ever arrives ...
Speaking of which (sorry, thread hijack), I'm kinda interested in benchmarking my BMW M Coupe (E36/8) against the Mustang - anyone interested?

If the Mustang's not faster I'll be a little disappointed, but with all the media reviews, I'm somewhat doubtful it will be...

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Speaking of which (sorry, thread hijack), I'm kinda interested in benchmarking my BMW M Coupe (E36/8) against the Mustang - anyone interested?

If the Mustang's not faster I'll be a little disappointed, but with all the media reviews, I'm somewhat doubtful it will be...
Realistically Ford never set out to make the Mustang the world's fastest car BUT what a blank canvas. If going fast on the streets is your thing then another 100, 200, or even 300kw on top of you 306kw is available....get out your wallet and go nuts. I guess for day to day driving and the buzz the whole package gives you 306kw is ample, anything more than that is purely bragging rights on the internet. The mazda MX5, Toyota 86 etc prove a good looking well tuned touring packing with just the right amount of power sells and excels.
Saying that I will probably up the power of my GT but at the low buy price ive got 30k to spend before I reach the price a VF GTS was going to cost me :thumbsup:

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Realistically Ford never set out to make the Mustang the world's fastest car BUT what a blank canvas. If going fast on the streets is your thing then another 100, 200, or even 300kw on top of you 306kw is available....get out your wallet and go nuts. I guess for day to day driving and the buzz the whole package gives you 306kw is ample, anything more than that is purely bragging rights on the internet. The mazda MX5, Toyota 86 etc prove a good looking well tuned touring packing with just the right amount of power sells and excels.
Saying that I will probably up the power of my GT but at the low buy price ive got 30k to spend before I reach the price a VF GTS was going to cost me :thumbsup:
Yeah, purely out of my own interest - _one_ of the reasons I was drawn to the Mustang is that it was a four seater car "faster" than my M Coupe (which is a 2 seater that my daughter can't enjoy).

If the Mustang _isn't_ faster, then it's just another disappointment along the lines of no red lights, no tribar DRL, etc - not a deal breaker, but sh*tty nonetheless.

Ditto on the VF GTS - I never managed to convince the wife that "its not just a Holden" (didn't help that Holden is unknown outside Australia) or I could have ended up owning one instead.

Funny that the Mustang is "just a Ford", but its ok because its a Mustang :)
But it's almost a separate brand, one with worldwide recognition!

Re: GT86 - I said from the beginning if they released a convertible I'd buy it. They never did, then the Mustang came out. Done deal.
Now a friend of mine who owns the GT86 is considering a Mustang to replace it :)

Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
yup 5.0 i reckon a suspension, maybe FRPP or a compilation , +/- tune, CAI/exhaust of your choice.... done!

russ16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs 1965 2016

Interestingly Ford dropped Mustangs exterior badging of the Ford name in 1967 and I'm not up to date on when or whether it resumed.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

Interestingly Ford dropped Mustangs exterior badging of the Ford name in 1967 and I'm not up to date on when or whether it resumed.
The only ford logo besides on the parts is in the glass on the windscreen. I grew up being a Holden man and still am, I don't like :ford: haha

Maaaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Manual
The only ford logo besides on the parts is in the glass on the windscreen. I grew up being a Holden man and still am, I don't like :ford: haha

That's how I justified my purchase too! Haha. I'm a bit over the Holden/Ford thing, it's gets silly after a while. Even if Holden imported the Camaro I'd still want a Mustang. I just like everything about it, I reckon it's converted a few non-Ford guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Agreed and I can't wait until that windshield cracks and I can replace it. No sign of ford then.

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Agreed and I can't wait until that windshield cracks and I can replace it. No sign of ford then.
I think its stuck on, so you might be able to scrape it off...

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!

Have you tracked the M Coupe? I hear they really shine there.

I plan on taking the Mustang out to Eastern Creek, but the next available track day is not until June.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Have you tracked the M Coupe? I hear they really shine there.

I plan on taking the Mustang out to Eastern Creek, but the next available track day is not until June.
Some guys in a club I'm in are organising track days and drag days, so the opportunity is there, but I don't think I can fit in it while wearing a helmet, so, no :)

Maybe after replacement seats and suspension refresh (bushings and such) which probably has to all wait until after home renovation, and it all becomes too hard.

That said, I'm looking at maybe taking it to the drag strip (Eastern Creek) in April.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Haha same here.....Ive had cars other than my Holdens but Ford was a No no..I posted a picture of a new Mustang on instagram last year and my mate said Oh yeah nice FORD...I said its a Mustang not a Ford :) since then he has also broken "the code" and bought a Ranger, I said nice FORD....he said it's a Ranger NOT a ford :D:D:D:D nice try.

I love cars of all brand but Ford hadnt made anything good enough to win my over......That was until...you know the rest:cheers:

BroncosXR8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EL II XR8, 2015 Mustang GT on the way!
Some guys in a club I'm in are organising track days and drag days, so the opportunity is there, but I don't think I can fit in it while wearing a helmet, so, no :)

Maybe after replacement seats and suspension refresh (bushings and such) which probably has to all wait until after home renovation, and it all becomes too hard.

That said, I'm looking at maybe taking it to the drag strip (Eastern Creek) in April.
Yeah it seems as if WSID holds street drags fairly often.

I wonder if a group of new Mustang owners would be interested in getting a group together to go to the strip and the track?
Sponsored