Sponsored

McLeod RXT users, realistic expectations for this clutch?

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
My car (2020 PP2 with whipple gen 5 stage 2) is in the shop getting a McLeod RXT installed along with a Barton hybrid shifter. I've seen some feedback about them breaking mt82's and causing a lot of chatter/noise in heavy traffic driving from a stop and go. Sounds like i may have to re-learn how to get it moving from a stop using more rpm's than with stock clutch. What's your experience been???

Anxious to see how the McLeod RXT and Barton hybrid combo feels. What did you all do in regards to breakin? 500 miles seems like a lot of miles with the type of driving they recommend that you do during breakin.

Alos putting in BMR cradle lockout and bushings in. Excited to see how she lays down the power and drives with these mods!
Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
granted mine is n/a but i have rxt with mgw shifter so pretty similar as far as that goes, yes its a bit touchier than stock and it will chatter at low rpm but i dont hate it and it definitely bites hard.... i broke 4th gear due to my own stupidity shifting too high rpm and just straight dropped the clutch.... oops

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
granted mine is n/a but i have rxt with mgw shifter so pretty similar as far as that goes, yes its a bit touchier than stock and it will chatter at low rpm but i dont hate it and it definitely bites hard.... i broke 4th gear due to my own stupidity shifting too high rpm and just straight dropped the clutch.... oops
Thanks for the reply. I just got my car back yesterday. Less chatter than I thought based on some feedback I read from others. Taking off in 1st is different, but not as bad as I thought it might be. Little bit of a learning curve but not bad. I've hear of others breaking a gear from hard shifts at high rpm's...that's what worries me the most. I don't WOT my car from a dig often, but do like to go thru 2nd and 3rd under boost and shift around 7k rpm's.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
Thanks for the reply. I just got my car back yesterday. Less chatter than I thought based on some feedback I read from others. Taking off in 1st is different, but not as bad as I thought it might be. Little bit of a learning curve but not bad. I've hear of others breaking a gear from hard shifts at high rpm's...that's what worries me the most. I don't WOT my car from a dig often, but do like to go thru 2nd and 3rd under boost and shift around 7k rpm's.
yea like i said its been a good clutch for me and as long as ya dont go crazy like i did and drop it at high rpm trans will be fine
Sponsored