Sponsored

mbrp street catback

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 race red ecoboost with custon pack
Hi, I'm thinkng of putting an aftermarket catback on my ecoboost as I really don't like the stock sound. The XP street series seems to offer the best value for money and sounds good in the videos. Does anyone have one fitted and can offer their opinion? My main concern with installing any catback is drone in the cabin.
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
The MBRP street isn't known to drone in the GT cars but that also has something to do with manual drivers insisting on being in the 1500-2K RPM in the highest gear possible

DKano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Don't really have any issues with drone on mine and I've had it installed for about three months now. The only time I might get some drone is related to what VinnAY said, if you're driving in a higher gear than you should be and then you press the gas a little. Don't have an issue on the highway, I have an automatic but I keep it in Sport mode most of the time. The exhaust and the HKS BOV are the reason I drive with the windows down sometimes, even with this Florida weather!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Who in the world shifts at 1500k rpm?! I shift at a minimum of 2k rpm, but I usually shift around 3k rpm. Cars, especially turbo cars HATE being shifted that early. You aren't even keeping it in the power band.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Who in the world shifts at 1500k rpm?! I shift at a minimum of 2k rpm, but I usually shift around 3k rpm. Cars, especially turbo cars HATE being shifted that early. You aren't even keeping it in the power band.
I think they said sitting in a 1.5k to 2k rpm in too low a gear (Not high as was suggested) while cruising, not shifting at those rpms.

typically 1800 to 2000+ rpms is the drone territory. In my car at 65 is just around 1950/2000 rpms in 6th gear because I am running 3.55s as well. With 3.31s is just a hair under 1900 and not too bad but since I never drive 65 I am usually 75-80 I am usually humming along around 2.4k RPMs. I am running a cat back with Magnaflow streets though so I cannot compare to MBRP directly. I do not have any major drone however.

Sponsored

spaaz9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. I get all sorts of compliments on the sound. It doesn't bother my neighbors (they actually have all V8's and are louder than I am), and a guy turned around two days ago when I was parking the car just to tell me how clean it sounds. It was the one thing that I was really missing with the EB. That gutteral growl from a V8 just can't be matched, but this definitely gets me closer to it.

OP
OP

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.

OP
OP

Edster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and absolutely love it. I get all sorts of compliments on the sound. It doesn't bother my neighbors (they actually have all V8's and are louder than I am), and a guy turned around two days ago when I was parking the car just to tell me how clean it sounds. It was the one thing that I was really missing with the EB. That gutteral growl from a V8 just can't be matched, but this definitely gets me closer to it.
How do you find the sound inside the cabin? Is it much louder than stock? My biggest fear us drone and I'd rather pay more for a system that would eliminate drone.

Does anyone have a Corsa catback fitted? I hear they don't drone.
Sponsored