Sponsored

Mass Airflow Sensor problems

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I'm running a 2015 GT auto with a Ford Performance supercharger. Everything went well and the car has run great for almost a year. Yesterday when it started it threw a P0103 mass air sensor high circuit. It would barely idle and wouldn't rev over 1000 rpms. In troubleshooting I'm running into more question than answers.
First my wiring doesn't seem to match the diagram. Instead of A=red B=black C=tan/lt blue and D=blue/orange my harness shows A=yellow/purple B=blue C=purple/gray and D=purple/gray.
Second my readings are way off. With ignition on but not running the A wire should read 12 volts. It reads 4.9 volts. B wire to ground has continuity as it should. Wire C does read 12volts but wire D reads 2.6 volts.
I diagnosed it as a bad MAF sensor and replaced it. Testing after replacement still give weird readings. The D wire is read .7 - .9 volts at idle but it reads 2.37 volts. Revving the engine should make the sensor voltage at that wire increase but it stays right around 2.4 volts. However the P0103 code disappeared on its own as soon as the car started with a new MAF.
What's weird is diagnosing the new MAF should show that its bad but the code went away. A/F gauge reads around 14 but I wonder if the car is still running rich.
Has anyone else had this weird stuff happen to them?
Sponsored