Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
So Adam, these kits will be good right from the get go with 390/390 correct? Would that be the best suggested power number for reliability and longevity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
So Adam, these kits will be good right from the get go with 390/390 correct? Would that be the best suggested power number for reliability and longevity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what the turbo kit is going to be good for, the tune that made those numbers on our car is what will be provided. Each person that buys our turbo kit will datalog after install and I will make adjustments were needed. I would say there is going to be a 10-15whp variable due to elevation/humidity/air quality throughout the world, I can't say my customer in Germany is going to make the same power as my customer in Texas. However the gains will be very similar. On our car, we have about a +70whp gain so if you are making 290whp now, you should make 360whp after the turbo kit install. I hope this makes sense.

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd

ScottyP3821

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB MAN
I put mine in today. Holy shit. It helps bring some torque out throughout. I have the Cobb ap, map intake, off-road dp and intercooler now. The two changes I noticed the most was the tune and the intercooler.

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
Installed mine today, along with the Cobb AP. The intercooler definitely takes some patience and finessing, but fitment is perfect! Nice to feel the car getting out of its own way. Great seat of the pants improvement! The launch control is also fun.

Sponsored

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Nice, how are the temps compared to oem intercooler?

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
Nice, how are the temps compared to oem intercooler?
Never looked at them, before or after. Seem like small details, you ordered the BIG big turbo setup before it was even run...awesome. your results will be the ones that will be looked at in anticipation...:cheers:set the bar.

ScottyP3821

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB MAN
The temps still get up there at idle but the moment you move down the road or when doing pulls I see around 95-115. Compared to 200+ that I was hitting. That's in mid 80 degree dry weather.

Sponsored

abatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Just got mine installed earlier today. Temps were about 10-15F above ambient and cooled down much quicker than the stock intercooler. Only driven it about 20 miles but it feels a bit quicker than the stock one already.

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
The temps still get up there at idle but the moment you move down the road or when doing pulls I see around 95-115. Compared to 200+ that I was hitting. That's in mid 80 degree dry weather.

This is what I worry about with the Eco. The idle temps,even with the upgraded IC. Say it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to cool down on the street, you are already a car length behind a GT :frusty:

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
This is what I worry about with the Eco. The idle temps,even with the upgraded IC. Say it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to cool down on the street, you are already a car length behind a GT :frusty:
If an increase of 10-15° at idle makes you lose to a GT, then you weren't making enough power in the first place. :lol: The power difference down low from a little bit of heat is minimal, its when you get going in the higher gears with more load does the heat take effect. That is why everyone is feeling the difference with the intercooler, when they get into a higher gear and really feel the car pull.

Thank you all for the kind words, glad they arrived! For anybody that received our charge pipe kit the vacuum line is 7/32 and the tee is 1/4"!

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Adam,

1) The 390/390 with the turbo kit.. is that with a stock fmic and catback?
(And yes I understand that upgrading the stock FMIC is a must regardless) :):)

2) To get to the approx. 420/420 plus, what would we need, other than the suggested upgraded head studs and valve springs?

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop

The ecoboost isn't made to compete with the GT. If you wanted GT straight line performance, you should have gotten a GT lol, but with the turbo upgrade bolt on vs bolt on the ecoboost would probably pull ahead on a GT. just need to spend that extra $4-5k
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.