Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Thanks for the video! :cheers:

I was thinking that if a picture is worth a thousand words, then imagine how many a video is worth!

That little four cylinder makes some good torque and from the video, first gear ends pretty quickly! Very Nice piece of work! :thumbsup:

Do you have the rev limiter set to stock Rpm's or did you raise it?

Have you reached the point where you run out of fuel yet or is there more left? I thought that you said that you wanted 450 rwhp (or did I just make that up :D), but was wondering if you can get there on the stock fuel pump setup.

Can you add a meth system to it to help with fueling or do you just want to try and see the limits to this setup?

Just wondering and Thanks for sharing the goodies! :cheers:
Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
^ im curious about this as well. And is it the resonated cat back?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Thanks for the video! :cheers:

I was thinking that if a picture is worth a thousand words, then imagine how many a video is worth!

That little four cylinder makes some good torque and from the video, first gear ends pretty quickly! Very Nice piece of work! :thumbsup:

Do you have the rev limiter set to stock Rpm's or did you raise it?

Have you reached the point where you run out of fuel yet or is there more left? I thought that you said that you wanted 450 rwhp (or did I just make that up :D), but was wondering if you can get there on the stock fuel pump setup.

Can you add a meth system to it to help with fueling or do you just want to try and see the limits to this setup?

Just wondering and Thanks for sharing the goodies! :cheers:
The Rev limiter is set to 6800rpm,which is what I run all my customer's tunes at.

No fueling issue as of yet at this power, I posted an AFR graph on a previous page. It was leaning out just a hair about 5500rpm but I can overcome it with software tuning.

No reason to look into meth injection at this time. Customer's can definitely add a meth kit to their vehicle for some added power but will need to be tuned accordingly!

Sponsored

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
So essentially, even tho you are making 420/420 at the moment, the kit will ship out with less than 400/400 when first installed in the car as is?

6 hours work plus specialty tools is quite a fair amount of work. "simple" or not.

Are the head studs and valve spring stock on your test car? If so, have you seen any specific issues?

Hi, any answers to the above? thnx

Last edited:

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I've been away from the forum for a little bit. Sorry if I missed it.

But when do the IC ship?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Sorry for the delay! Here is your video!

Wow really sounds nice. I usually don't care for the 4 cyl. sound of most EB stangs exhaust but that sounds sweet. Love to see that boost guage swing hard into boost. :headbang: I would love to hear the same set up on an automatic to see what that sounds like.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yes, that video is awesome... Definitely something I will look at at some point, damn.

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
So essentially, even tho you are making 420/420 at the moment, the kit will ship out with less than 400/400 when first installed in the car as is?
The way I read his posts, yes.

6 hours work plus specialty tools is quite a fair amount of work. "simple" or not.
You know you're in the 'modifications' subforum, right? :shrug:

Are the head studs and valve spring stock on your test car? If so, have you seen any specific issues?
Pretty sure Adam's stated numerous times their test car is stock. Studs are a good idea to counter high cyl pressures, and the 'issue' he's seen is 50# of spring load on the seat. Higher boost + rpm won't be kind to valve control w/ weak springs...another recommendation based on experience.

He's not saying you HAVE to follow his recommendations, but I'm sure he doesn't want a customer dragging his name through the mud if they have a failure and didn't follow his guidelines. We're all big boys and understand the consequences.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
The way I read his posts, yes.

You know you're in the 'modifications' subforum, right? :shrug:

Pretty sure Adam's stated numerous times their test car is stock. Studs are a good idea to counter high cyl pressures, and the 'issue' he's seen is 50# of spring load on the seat. Higher boost + rpm won't be kind to valve control w/ weak springs...another recommendation based on experience.

He's not saying you HAVE to follow his recommendations, but I'm sure he doesn't want a customer dragging his name through the mud if they have a failure and didn't follow his guidelines. We're all big boys and understand the consequences.
I couldn't of said it better myself.

BigCatDan - Sorry I didn't see your post at 3:00a.m. when I was replying from my bed (couldn't sleep).

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
I've been away from the forum for a little bit. Sorry if I missed it.

But when do the IC ship?
They started shipping yesterday, for people that ordered full intercooler kits with piping we are waiting on some more couplers to arrive. Some did ship out yesterday!

Is the 25.5 pounds on wastegate spring only?
11psi spring will be shipped with the kit, because of the way the head is designed on this car the 11psi spring is a steady 17psi. I use the wastegate solenoid to control boost beyond 17psi.

The kit will be good for 390hp/390tq as is on 93oct. Because of different elevations your car might make less. The turbo kit will come with a nice, safe, conservative tune. There is the option of paying for an e-tune to make more power if you like. If anybody wants to run a race fuel with our kit, I am available to make house calls for dyno tuning if people want to do a high boost tune, it comes with a price though!

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I couldn't of said it better myself.

BigCatDan - Sorry I didn't see your post at 3:00a.m. when I was replying from my bed (couldn't sleep).

No worries, Thanks Herr! Thank you Adam!
I really am excited about your work and all the MAP has done! This turbo looks incredible. I'm just a question asker to understand as much as I can!:):thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.