Make SYNC Default to Bluetooth

goldeneagle6747

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 10 Speed
Each time I turn on my car I have to go to media -> source -> bluetoooth because it default to the radio. I looked around but couldn't find a setting, is there a way to make it default to bluetooth?
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Usually this is because the vehicle and its systems fully boot before the Bluetooth link is established. It will not default to a “missing” source, so it falls back to something else.

OP
OP
goldeneagle6747

goldeneagle6747

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 10 Speed
Usually this is because the vehicle and its systems fully boot before the Bluetooth link is established. It will not default to a “missing” source, so it falls back to something else.

Alright thanks, this is the first Car I have not put a aftermarket stereo in, and every aftermarket stereo I have ever dealt with was able to do this. Once there was a bluetooth connection present that is what it would switch to automatically.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I’ve added a wireless CarPlay dongle that is plugged in the USB port at all time. It takes over as default media. The phone then connects to it and I get my iphone music, apps and nav.

Negative parts. Most dongles take 30+ sec to boot. You need to wait that long to hear your music. They also occasionally (every few weeks) get confused and you need to unplug / replug them to reboot. And with my model, once every full moon, the radio still wins the race as default media on startup.

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
I usually use my Apple Car Play via the cable, but if I'm not doing that then I keep BT on, it will automatically reconnect to my phone when starting. Are you on the latest sync update?

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
Mine defaults to BT 50% of the time, the other 50% it goes to the radio.
Sponsored