Sponsored

MAK Cat Delete Pipes

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I'm surprised you will find a guy willing to break the law and cut off a cat and weld the delete in.
Sponsored

Dans5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10, PP1, Steeda H Pipe, Whipple Stage2 Supercharger
Since I've installed a Whipple Gen V Stage II system on my 2019 Mustang, I'm looking to do a MAK Cat Delete system and run the straight pipes, until SMOG is due in 7 years from now. Main reason is to save the cats from getting melted and not having to spend big bucks to buy a new set.

Has anyone in CA done it and do you have pics of the flange welded onto the cat? Also, does anyone know a decent shop to get the flanges welded on in the East Bay, Northern Ca area? I'm in Livermore. Lastly, if you did get a shop to do it, how much did they charge?

I don't have welding skills, so for me, it's not a DIY job. Thanks for any help.

Im looking to do the same thing. Just got my Whipple Stage2 supercharger installed a week ago. Im worried about melting the cats and hurting my engine.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Im looking to do the same thing. Just got my Whipple Stage2 supercharger installed a week ago. Im worried about melting the cats and hurting my engine.
Just curious...Why doesn't the motor with whipple still burn stoiciometric? A super charged mustang can pass smog so that means smog legal fuel mixtures which means you do not have to delete cats. What am I missing?

OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Just curious...Why doesn't the motor with whipple still burn stoiciometric? A super charged mustang can pass smog so that means smog legal fuel mixtures which means you do not have to delete cats. What am I missing?

I'm removing the cats temporarily, I'm doing this so I don't melt the cats. There has been folks stating that after installing their superchargers and due to the higher EGTs that they have melted their cats. My car in particular is in the TSB time frame from Ford, stating that the cats may be faulty and fail prematurely. That coupled with a supercharger may not be good.

By installing the cat delete that MAK has, I can reinstall the cats when smog time comes and pass CA testing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I got the cat cut off of the manifold and flanges welded on everything. The car was done yesterday. I installed the MAK pipes this afternoon. The passenger side was kind of a pain, had to use a 20" and a couple of 6" extensions in 3/8" flavor, along with a swivel joint and deep socket from the top. An extra pair of hands guiding the socket on the nut would have made things a lot easier. The muffler shop did a good job cutting and welding.

I've got the Borla S-type catback along with their resonator. The sound volume with the cats was just a tad quiet. Now with the cats gone, the sound volume is lot more at cold start, but mellow if you're easy with the throttle. Stomp on the gas and it sounds mean. Highway cruising at 70 is droneless. I'm glad I got that setup before I did the cat delete. Anything louder would probably piss off my neighbors at 4:30 A.M. Overall, I'm happy with the MAK cat-delete kit.

I also installed the Vibrant "J" defoulers, with the middle restrictor, went for a 40 mile drive and no CEL. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the CEL stays out.

20201231_122758.jpg
20201231_122823.jpg
20201231_122844.jpg

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I've received an estimate from a local shop to weld the flanges on the manifold and cat. The estimate was really reasonable. I will post pictures when it goes in, just in case anyone local is looking to get theirs done, as a reference to their workmanship. Just have to wait for the kit to come in.

Slopoke, where in Cali are you?

Dave

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the cat cut off of the manifold and flanges welded on everything. The car was done yesterday. I installed the MAK pipes this afternoon. The passenger side was kind of a pain, had to use a 20" and a couple of 6" extensions in 3/8" flavor, along with a swivel joint and deep socket from the top. An extra pair of hands guiding the socket on the nut would have made things a lot easier. The muffler shop did a good job cutting and welding.

I've got the Borla S-type catback along with their resonator. The sound volume with the cats was just a tad quiet. Now with the cats gone, the sound volume is lot more at cold start, but mellow if you're easy with the throttle. Stomp on the gas and it sounds mean. Highway cruising at 70 is droneless. I'm glad I got that setup before I did the cat delete. Anything louder would probably piss off my neighbors at 4:30 A.M. Overall, I'm happy with the MAK cat-delete kit.

I also installed the Vibrant "J" defoulers, with the middle restrictor, went for a 40 mile drive and no CEL. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the CEL stays out.

20201231_122758.jpg
20201231_122823.jpg
20201231_122844.jpg

Are you running Torco in your car? You got a nice orange tinge:D

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)