MAK Cat Delete Pipes

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Since I've installed a Whipple Gen V Stage II system on my 2019 Mustang, I'm looking to do a MAK Cat Delete system and run the straight pipes, until SMOG is due in 7 years from now. Main reason is to save the cats from getting melted and not having to spend big bucks to buy a new set.

Has anyone in CA done it and do you have pics of the flange welded onto the cat? Also, does anyone know a decent shop to get the flanges welded on in the East Bay, Northern Ca area? Lastly, if you did get a shop to do it, how much did they charge?

I don't have welding skills, so for me, it's not a DIY job. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Since I've installed a Whipple Gen V Stage II system on my 2019 Mustang, I'm looking to do a MAK Cat Delete system and run the straight pipes, until SMOG is due in 7 years from now. Main reason is to save the cats from getting melted and not having to spend big bucks to buy a new set.

Has anyone in CA done it and do you have pics of the flange welded onto the cat? Also, does anyone know a decent shop to get the flanges welded on in the East Bay, Northern Ca area? I'm in Livermore. Lastly, if you did get a shop to do it, how much did they charge?

I don't have welding skills, so for me, it's not a DIY job. Thanks for any help.

I've been running the Mac cat deletes for about 3 years on my car. No major complaints besides the exhaust gaskets. I don't remember what I paid but maybe around 2-3 hundred bucks. I'll take some photos when I put my car on a lift

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
We have since upgraded out provided gasket. We now include an OEM Multi-Layer gasket, so there are no more concerns about leaks or sealing. Unfortunately can't help on where to get it done, but most exhaust shops should be more than capable.

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
I was planning on getting them too until I heard about gasket issues. That's nice to hear they're upgraded ^^^ (might re-consider buying some now)
If you didn't find a place yet, I know 1 shop that was willing to do it, somewhat close to you too, but they're expensive...

1TUFF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP. 2001 Mustang GT Cam’d & Vortech’d
Good luck getting them shipped out here. I tried buying them and was denied. Dam ca laws!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Good luck getting them shipped out here. I tried buying them and was denied. Dam ca laws!!
I got a friend out of state to order them. He's going to ship them to me as he's got a business account for shipping. It's always good to have friends.

1TUFF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
Ahhh lucky you!
I got a friend out of state to order them. He's going to ship them to me as he's got a business account for shipping. It's always good to have friends.

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
Lucky indeed ^ I ran into the same problem, I thought agreeing with the waiver of being 'off road' would oversee that problem... Well.. might have to get a custom set now.

1TUFF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i had some headers shipped to me with no issues a while back.
Lucky indeed ^ I ran into the same problem, I thought agreeing with the waiver of being 'off road' would oversee that problem... Well.. might have to get a custom set now.

OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at the Lethal setup. They won't ship to CA either. It's a shame really, some people just use their cars for competition only and they can't get some parts due to our states laws.

Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Unfortunately, we have our hands tied with the Cali laws. We would really like to be selling to California, but the red tape is crazy. If we can help in any other way please feel free to ask.

OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
I've received an estimate from a local shop to weld the flanges on the manifold and cat. The estimate was really reasonable. I will post pictures when it goes in, just in case anyone local is looking to get theirs done, as a reference to their workmanship. Just have to wait for the kit to come in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI regarding gaskets for the flanges. I found a Fel-Pro gasket P/N 61792 and Mahle gasket P/N F32734, that's similar to the OEM ones from Ford. I got a spare Mahle brand one from my local autoparts store for $16.00. I found the Fel-Pro one online at CariD for $15.00.

OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
My MAK, cat delete kit was delivered today. I've scheduled an appointment for next Wed 12/30 to have the flanges welded to the exhaust manifold and catalytic converter. I'll post pics of the weld quality for anyone wanting to use the shop that will be installing mine.
Sponsored