Sponsored

Magnaflow exhaust

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I disagree as well. Who puts Dynatech ahead of Kook's/Stainless Works??? (apparently that guy)...also, Bassani 2nd tier? WHAT!?

Pypes, JBA, SLP, MAC can drop to third and MagnaFlow/Flowmaster can jump up to tier 2.
:amen:
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I love the sound of my Magnapack 5.0, but I will be going with Kooks / Magnaflow streets this time around.
Kooks headers are one of the best if not The best / Magnaflow drone no thank you

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
here is what magnaflow is releasing if you haven't seen it yet.

I know we have some sets on order.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152731251945853&set=vb.216275975852&type=2&theater

word has it they picked up 30 horse on the cat back also.
I couldn't care less what 'word' has to say. Show me the money!!! Release a Dyno sheet, or keep the numbers to yourself.

Do people really believe that ford missed the exhaust so bad they can get 465hp just by spending $1000 on an exhaust?

Add a tune on top of that, and Boom 480+hp.

I could maybe see 30hp with an exhaust and tune, but not exhaust alone. I'll wait until third party results are published to get too worked up about the numbers.

OP
OP

HBMike

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I couldn't care less what 'word' has to say. Show me the money!!! Release a Dyno sheet, or keep the numbers to yourself.

Do people really believe that ford missed the exhaust so bad they can get 465hp just by spending $1000 on an exhaust?

Add a tune on top of that, and Boom 480+hp.

I could maybe see 30hp with an exhaust and tune, but not exhaust alone. I'll wait until third party results are published to get too worked up about the numbers.
You might not care what 'word' has to say, I was just relaying information that was conveyed to me from two sources.

You're not the only one on these forums and some people may be delighted to hear that there are multiple sources claiming a 30hp gain (Gibson, and Magnaflow)

I personally am also a skeptic. Should it be true, there is something to be said about that strange suite case.

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
You might not care what 'word' has to say, I was just relaying information that was conveyed to me from two sources.

You're not the only one on these forums and some people may be delighted to hear that there are multiple sources claiming a 30hp gain (Gibson, and Magnaflow)

I personally am also a skeptic. Should it be true, there is something to be said about that strange suite case.
That probably came off as me shooting the messenger, but I didn't mean it that way. My dig was more at the sources. The way to justify the claims are to release the numbers and specifically from independent sources. Not :gossip:

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Where did you purchase that from?

They're full T304 Stainless Steel with a warranty (http://www.magnaflow.com/warranty/index.asp). If you purchased from us, we would go to bat for you with the manufacturer and get it taken care of ASAP!

It's a warranty on the construction of the system. Do you mean a tiny bit of surface rust or do you mean like serious rusting?

In terms of the drone, did you have factory cats/manifolds?

I bought the magnaflow comp. Cat backs from you guys and have about 40,000 miles on them. They were actually pretty damn quite at 65-70 mph. Besides I loved the way they sounded so it didn't matter to me anyway :D.

However they did have a decent amount of surface rust. Nothing too crazy . Yes they were used through 2 winters.

All in all I'm happy with magnaflows and i will most likely be purchasing them again. Flow harder :D

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Any plans for the EB ?
Or will all the extra fun be limited to the V8 engines.....

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Magnaflow is a well respected exhaust builder with alot of hi profile builders using them.U cant go by audio used from a phone and if u didnt notice it said street series, big difference then their comp series.From some of the comments I hear on here I wonder if guys just find someone they think nows something and agree to what ever they say.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
IMO for sound and quality:

1. Tier ONE: Borla, Corsa, American Racing(headers), Dynatech(headers)
  2. Tier TWO: Stainless Works, MRT, Bassani, Kooks, MBRP, Pypes(their M80's are well made), SLP, Mac, JBA
  3. Tier THREE: Magnaflow, Flowmaster, BBK, aka never to be installed on my car even if they were free

Tier two might have excellent quality but not the sound I like, or sound great but not the best quality(materials/craftsmanship). Tier three fails at both sound quality and build quality(poor fitment, rusting, etc).
I agree even though I have some 20 year old BBK stuff that is holding up well but these toys don't roll in the rain except in extreme circumstances.

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Tho I have swapped out several headers I have the same FlowMaster mufflers on my 03 Cobra to this day (11 years)

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Corsa Performance ALL DAY!
Sponsored