Magna Ride GT on National Hold?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
It's called a "pull" system, a means of reducing costs by lowering the amount of money you have tied up in inventory at your location. When it gets close to the time you need a part (say, a steering wheel), you "pull" it from the supplier by ordering it at the appropriate time.

A wrench gets thrown into this when Mexico's new president announces an increase in minimum wage. When that happens, a bunch of folks making more than the minimum wage are suddenly not making as much more than they were before. They go on strike for 3 weeks and Ford can no longer "pull" the parts they need because the supplier has stopped making them for the moment.

I see, thanks Zook. Gotta love the Global outsourcing thing. After my first career I worked for a Fortune 500 company that had a "just in time" ordering system in place. But, this company had more than one supplier set up for all the needed materials. The big boys would have flipped out if they could get supplies when needed. Down time meant lost profits, can't have that. :)
Sponsored

surfrod72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Surfrod, I hope he wasn't just trying to just keep you on the hook. I've been told stuff like that in the past, and still didn't have a lot of faith that anything would happen. Good luck, I do hope it shows up on time.
I truly don’t think thats what’s going on. This will be the second vehicle I’ll buy from him since my first experience went so well. In fact when I placed my order they didn’t make me put a deposit down as I was a returning customer. I’m not in a huge rush as it’s still winter and ultimately it may very well end up taking longer, but I feel like I’m being taken care of vs bent over from somewhere else.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I truly don’t think thats what’s going on. This will be the second vehicle I’ll buy from him since my first experience went so well. In fact when I placed my order they didn’t make me put a deposit down as I was a returning customer. I’m not in a huge rush as it’s still winter and ultimately it may very well end up taking longer, but I feel like I’m being taken care of vs bent over from somewhere else.
It's good to have a dealer like that. My local Ford dealer is the same, I've ordered several Ford vehicles from them, and they treat me right also. I hope you get your new baby soon. My dearest loves her new GT. Oh, and I get to drive it when it needs gas. :like:

OP
OP
Hadelson

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Hadelson, have you called some of the larger dealers in other regions of the country to see if any has a car with the mag ride that would suit your wants? You may be able to get a good enough deal to be able to pay for the shipping of the car to your house. Just wondering as I know how frustrating it is to get an ordered car built at times. Good luck.
That's exactly what I did and found a car. It should be here by end of this week. Unfortunately, a search on Fords Inventory only showed one Magna Ride Car and it was sold. The car I am getting has everything else I wanted-(Loaded up). The money saved am using to purchase suspension package upgrade working with a well known Mustang Vendor on this forum.

Today, I picked up my refund check from the dealer and again another story. Magna Ride inventory is held and allocated only to GT350's and this accounts for 2% of total sales.

Thought I saw Pinocchio talking to me for a moment.

Hooch180

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maciej
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 5.0 (EU)
Little off topic question. Why everyone calls it MagnaRide and not MangeRide. Is it called differently in different markets? Was that name changed recently and people are using old name? For me even Chrome's spell check adds wiggly red line under MangaRide but not MagneRide.

Sponsored

Ikzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 EU spec
Little off topic question. Why everyone calls it MagnaRide and not MangeRide. Is it called differently in different markets? Was that name changed recently and people are using old name? For me even Chrome's spell check adds wiggly red line under MangaRide but not MagneRide.
You can find the terms "Magneride" on different sources: products with the line "Magneride compatible", Wikipedia, articles, etc...

Also if you think that this term is the contraction of MAGNEtic RIDE it appears clear (at least to me) that this is the correct spelling...

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
People that use an 'A' don't know how to spell it. "Magne" is short for Magnetic. With an "e". People think it's pronounced Mag-na-ride but that is wrong. It's an 'e'. No one says Magnatic, so why people add an "A" when they say it short hand as part of MagneRide is unknown to me. Maybe because of the word Magma? Who knows.
Sponsored