Sponsored

Mach E - the end of the world as we know it?

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The Mustang started it's death roll with the M/Y 2015,it's just a matter of time what GM did to the Maro, Ford will do to the Mustang.

Last edited by a moderator:

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
The Mustang started it's death roll with the M/Y 2015,it's just a matter of time what GM did to the Maro, Ford will do to the Mustang.
Extremely doubtful. Same thing was said in the early 90's about the mustang when sale's were down. However, sales arent down...

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
At least they didnt call it a Mach1. Mustang die are you high?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Nope just the evolution of the auto industry. All pony cars will be gone in ten years shrinking profits will kill them.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'm actually perfectly fine with "Mach E". "Mach I" or "Mach II", etc no though. They've been specifically used on Mustang's in the past.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I'm just glad it's not going to look like every other generic crossover vehicle. I can hardly tell what manufacturer makes a particular crossover until I get up close.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it necessarily means anything about the Mustang. None of Ford's other names have anywhere near the brand recognition. They're just trying to use it for marketing.

Perhaps there will eventually be a Mustang EV that Ford would sell alongside the Mach E crossover, but the Mach E would be completely unsuitable as a Mustang replacement.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Looks kinda neat, might be an EV that I could actually stomach.

I've been around Mustangs and cars in general for quite awhile now. For years and years with every new iteration of these cars people have prophesied the demise of the Mustang for some reason or another. At this point I think we can pretty safely say that Ford is going to continue building the cars, if anything their portfolio is being expanded. Could the cars be changed at some point to something more fuel-efficient? Maybe. Price go up to cover ever increasing supplier and build costs? Maybe. Death of the car? No.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I am just glad that Ford is aiming at the lower class of people to buy the car.
Shame Chevrolet can't make a $40,000 dollar car that the secretaries can afford.........

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Eventually everything will go electric sadly, but what I wonder is at that time what will happen to the jobs if :
Mechanics
Tuners
Aftermarket engineers
Gas station attendants
People that work in the oil industry.

A lot of job markets are going to be taking a dip due to the loss of the combustion engine. Even more once automated cars come into play more.

It's going to be a big economol hit once self driving cars can replace:
Taxi/Uber/Lyft drivers
Truckers

We are going to need new jobs for them and while making/maintaining electric cars may open some, it's definitely not going to cover all of them.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Eventually everything will go electric sadly, but what I wonder is at that time what will happen to the jobs if :
Mechanics
Tuners
Aftermarket engineers
Gas station attendants
People that work in the oil industry.

A lot of job markets are going to be taking a dip due to the loss of the combustion engine. Even more once automated cars come into play more.

It's going to be a big economol hit once self driving cars can replace:
Taxi/Uber/Lyft drivers
Truckers

We are going to need new jobs for them and while making/maintaining electric cars may open some, it's definitely not going to cover all of them.
I doubt everything will go electric. The mileage range will always be an issue.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
New industries will be created with the mass adoption of electric cars. While the industries you listed above will take a hit initially, other sectors will be hiring. This really isn't anything new. It sucks when you are personally affected, but as long as you are willing to learn new things, there is always something you can do to keep the lights on.
Sponsored