Sponsored

Mach 500

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Decided to do something a little different, have gotten a lot of compliments. Though I'll never sell, keeping the OEM hood/decal. Aesthetically all that's left is tints and HP wheels. Keeping the chin off. Will try to get it close to 500HP NA.

1662650464889.png

1662650486086.png

1662650636650.png
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Nice. I've been considering doing the Vicrez GT500 hood on mine and restoring the OEM look with the decal cut around the vents. How are you liking it?

OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Nice. I've been considering doing the Vicrez GT500 hood on mine and restoring the OEM look with the decal cut around the vents. How are you liking it?
I cant speak for Vicrez as these are MP Concepts. If you like risk you can find the manufactures for either company from China at less than half the cost. At the time it wasn't economical due to Covid shutdowns and costs in China. That said the "compatibility" with the hinges, ports, etc. was 10/10, metal/construction quality was 9/10 but the fit Id give 8-8.5/10. Hood shutters at 90mph+ (same as OEM tbh). The fit may be better if you start adjusting fenders but would start to take considerable effort to average out the gaps and is out of my expertise. The swap itself is pretty expensive as either branded hood only comes with an e-coat (compared to one other company that will pre-paint everything for $600?). So it needs the dimples sanded, then 3 layers, the M1 paint is pretty premium. I believe all options come with metallic flakes in the paint. Much harder for some shops to get right, but can be done without blending (at least for me it was). Ford made it harder by giving the color "Shadow Black" the same code as several other blacks, that are all slightly different. The shop I went to did a good job. Then was wrapped, up close is pretty cool as you can see all the metallic flakes popping through the satin black.

The wrap shop, that was very reputable, stood behind their art and refused to install the hood decal (did not charge me to install all the other decals). They claimed 3 major issues; it would not fit the same, not look right, and likely to peel. I agreed. The hood is not longer but it is raised, taking up more surface area, then on top of that it cones down into a curved parenthesis shape not a straight shape like the OEM hood. I ordered from the same place the one guy did a shaker hood on an OEM hood. We have the same issue, the aftermarket decal is too short. Then for myself specifically you can see the curves below. May not be aesthetically pleasing. I didn't press the issue, I want to contact the decal shop first see if they can make one specifically for this hood or at least make the OEM one longer. I do however like the bald look just as much.
1662661740012.png
Sponsored