Mach 1

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Anyone replacing their Bullitt with a Mach 1?
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I was going to get a Bullitt, but my wife talked me out of it because she want to drive it too, and doesn't know how or want to learn to drive a stick. Planning on getting a Mach 1 with all the bells & whistles including the Automatic. Ford finally decided to offer the A10 and top Handling Pack together, so we are both looking forward to it.

Sponsored

Joeblowv1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2005 F150 FX4
I just got my bullitt, early dec. but I'm in the same boat as some others.

I got my car for the color and look, not "because" it was a bullitt. Really not a fan of anything the GT premiums are offered in. I do like the signature gray-ish color they're showcasing the Mach 1 in though.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to get a Bullitt, but my wife talked me out of it because she want to drive it too, and doesn't know how or want to learn to drive a stick. Planning on getting a Mach 1 with all the bells & whistles including the Automatic. Ford finally decided to offer the A10 and top Handling Pack together, so we are both looking forward to it.
My significant other is the same way, which is good for me because well its my car. I offered to teach her, and her and her friends simply have zero desire for a stick, thinks its distracting/stupid/takes away from texting/makeup/eating/whatever else they like doing.

Manuals are really dying, not just women, but my peers like 1/10 know how to even have a remote interest in manuals.

I know its been said and it keeps being offered, but how long before we lose manual mustangs you think? Corvette doesn't offer manuals, I read that Chevrolet decided to get rid of manuals due to wasn't worth developing cost for something like 8% of owners to buy.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
I am keeping my Bullitt and adding the Mach1.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
how long before we lose manual mustangs you think?
They're dying indeed. Even Porsche is walking away from them. It used to be the standard transmission, and PDK a $5K (or thereabouts) option. Now they jacked up the price of their cars and made PDK standard, while manual is a 'no cost' option. So basically you're paying 5 grand for a manual now. Ha ha... but at least they're still making them. I don't like the PDK-based 7-sp manual, so no way I'd get one of those. The only real 6-sp manuals are only offered on their GT cars. Even the cheapo cars offered with manual transmissions are gone now. A few cars still offer them, like Camaros, Challengers, Subaru WRXs, and VW GTIs, but we'll see if their next iterations still offer it.

Finally, I have a similar problem to many here: nobody in my household can drive stick, so my car is useless to them. And the additional problem is I work from home, so the Bullitt is my only car. If something happens to my wife's car, she can't drive mine. So it's safe to say this is my last manual car, unfortunately. We'll see how long it lasts :).

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Bought my Bullitt after the Mach1 was announced. About 15k in price difference that I couldn’t justify. Love the debaged sleeper look of the Bullitt and the unique color.
Not trying to argue. Just clarify to those looking to buy a Mach 1.

Actually the difference with identical options/equipment is: $58,600 MSRP vs $51,780 MSRP. And, the Mach 1 has wider rims, tremec and other stuff. That includes the red brake calipers and the optional wheels and the $1,000 gas guzzler tax which my '19 didn't have.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The Mach1 is not really comparable to the Bullitt IMO. I'd never get a Mach1, because the Bullitt is already too stiff and noisy for my wife, and borderline on both for me. The Mach1 is actually a PP2+ car (between a PP2 and a GT350), and the Bullitt is a PP1. It'd only make sense if somebody wants something even sportier than the Bullitt, which to me it's not needed at all unless you plan to track the car extensively. But to each his own, of course.

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If the Bullitt came with a t56, I would ouldve owned one. IMHO it makes just enough power to keep it relevant and make it fun.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The Mach1 is not really comparable to the Bullitt IMO. I'd never get a Mach1, because the Bullitt is already too stiff and noisy for my wife, and borderline on both for me. The Mach1 is actually a PP2+ car (between a PP2 and a GT350), and the Bullitt is a PP1. It'd only make sense if somebody wants something even sportier than the Bullitt, which to me it's not needed at all unless you plan to track the car extensively. But to each his own, of course.
Did you order it with magneride?
Sponsored