Sponsored

Do you see the upcoming Mach 1 an improvement over the Bullitt?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll say this, the mach-1 track pack definitely looks better..
Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
The mach 1 is a bit to flashy for me. I do like that they noted what they needed to improve on with the bullitt, but that is a ford standard (ask some new edge bullitt owners).

Franky, the bullitt is what you choose if you want to blend in by standing out and the mach 1 is what you choose if you want to stand out by blending in.
<sips gentleman jack>

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
All these positive MT82 comments are refreshing to read.
Have 3500 miles on mine and no issues or complaints really. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
I've kinda come to the conclusion that those who have issues might be rough on it. Go on youtube and see how some of those guys are shifting... Pure brutality. Not all that surprising they'd have issues.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I already have the Ford Performance handling kit so for me the only upgrades would be cooler(not needed for me) and a better transmission, which I can just move to if my MT-82 ever gives up.
I also assume the Mach1 will cost a good chunk more. Unless I really needed a A10 I don't see any reason to get a Mach1 over a Bullitt or used GT350.

Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
And I have come to the conclusion after reading these post that Ford can't build a manual that all customers will like. Seems everyone is all over the board on what they like and what they don't.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The obvious "advantage" is the transmission but like others have stated I have never had an issue with the MT82. I have driven a GT350 with the Tremec and it is fantastic but I legitimately enjoy the Chinese gearbox in our cars and I feel that the majority of complaints about it originate from people who don't know how to drive well.
Toss in mgw or hybrid Barton 3 and it makes the manuals even more a joy. I personally like the mt82 as well.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
My ideal car would be a Mach 1 with A10 painted in Highland Green with Bullitt badging.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I think the mach 1 is an improvement on performance, but it is mainly aimed at the 350 crowd. It is ford's way of trying to avoid paying Shelby their cut ;-). It is a track designed street car period.

But in terms of style, the 19-20 bullitt is a gentleman's mustang, and cannot be beat. No fancy wings or countless badges advertising what it is. Understated, subtle, mysterious... That is the bullitt. Beyond that, it takes well to any visual mod you add to it because you are starting with a blank black or green slate.

TLDR:

Would I buy a mach-1? Hmm, with the current bloating prices of the EB and GTs, it might be a good deal, but it screams, "LOOK AT ME I GOES FAST!". It is almost like ford looked at the civic type R and said, "Hold My Beer".

Would I trade in my bullitt for a mach-1?

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)
My ideal car would be a Mach 1 with A10 painted in Highland Green with Bullitt badging.
I would love a Highland Green Mach 1 Manual - no Bullitt badging or any badging at all or stripes etc....

Kewlbreeze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
The Bullitt is more conservative but there's a certain wow factor with it that's hard to beat. It's a better looking car (IMO) and arguably the best looking S550 ever made.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
There's a lot of posts / videos where peps are stiffing up the back end of the Bullitt with Braces - to stop wheel hop. They don't track the car - it just helps put the power down when you want to.

The mach 1 isn't even out yet.
I'm keeping an open mind.
I think the base Mach 1 without the track / performance pack will be an interesting car.
I would love to drive on a track once / twice a year but not into tracking yet.
I am looking forward to driving it.
If you want a fun once a year track event look into the Mid America Ford and Shelby meet in Tulsa. It's a 4 day event and two of those days you get to run on Hallett speedway. I went this year and it was a blast. Day 3 is drag day.
Sponsored