Sponsored

Mach 1 non-HP Tire/Wheel Combo advice

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I need last advice/opinion before I order new summer tires for my Mach 1 tomorrow morning.
Continental has $110 Visa card rebate starting May 1 st, fyi
I've asked about tire sizes in other threads but now it's more down to the 2 setups that I need help with since I'm really indecisive on this. please forgive me others that have responded to me previously and thank you for that advice.
I have the original stock staggered 9.5"x19 & 10"x19 wheels that the Mach 1 came with. (PS4's are toast and need replacement.)
I also have a set of 9.5"x19 RTR Tech 7 wheels with still very good and life left Conti DWS All-seasons 275/40R19's squared that I use during the 6 months of colder weather here in Chicago- (These wheels are 11 pounds per wheel lighter than stock)
Options-
1- Install New Conti Extreme contact Sport summer tires on my stock wheels and up the width to 275/35R19 & 295/35R19 which are substantially less diameter and will increase noticeable fender gap.
I would keep the all-seasons on my RTR wheels as they are now.

2- Move my used Conti all-seasons to the stock heavier, staggered wheels. I know I Won't be able to rotate anymore but heavier wheel will be on for winter which is when I care less about performance.
Then I would put the New summer Conti EC sports on the RTR light weight wheels and use 275/40R19's squared since the RTR wheels are only 9.5" wide. Sacrifice a little width but the fender walls fill really nice and overall nimbleness of car will be gret especially with 2-piece light weight rotors I have as well.

3- Just put new Conti EC sports stock staggered size on the stock wheels and be done with it.
Cheapest option

What would you do?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what's wrong with Conti ecs sport 2 in 275/40? You still can't rotate but there's no good reason to run 285 or 295 on the 10 rears. You're city-driving in Sh*tcago-stan anyway. :)

Unless you're going to Joliet all the time in which case fine, get bigger rubber.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
what's wrong with Conti ecs sport 2 in 275/40? You still can't rotate but there's no good reason to run 285 or 295 on the 10 rears. You're city-driving in Sh*tcago-stan anyway. :)

Unless you're going to Joliet all the time in which case fine, get bigger rubber.
You’re right,
275’s on all 4 RTR’s is best option.
The car feels so much snappier on the lighter wheels too

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered and done. I got 4 of 6 left at tire rack and he honored rebate.
Delete the thread as I’ve beaten a dead horse here. lol
Last bit I’d like to add is I got my client the local Porsche dealer to hook me up and do 8 tire rip offs and install for $360.
Usually they charge more than twice that.
I can’t trust any of these hacks to not mess up my wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

I can rotate with this choice

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That was going to be the option I would’ve suggested. Lighter wheels for summer driving, especially if you plan on doing a couple track nights again. Congrats on the new summer rubber, I always get excited for new tires 😎

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
That was going to be the option I would’ve suggested. Lighter wheels for summer driving, especially if you plan on doing a couple track nights again. Congrats on the new summer rubber, I always get excited for new tires 😎
I really wish I could find a solid, reliable answer to how much rotating mass weight translates to rwhp and static weight.
I’ve shed almost 70lbs of rolling mass between wheels and rotors.. that’s got to be pretty substantial right?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I really wish I could find a solid, reliable answer to how much rotating mass weight translates to rwhp and static weight.
I’ve shed almost 70lbs of rolling mass between wheels and rotors.. that’s got to be pretty substantial right?
I’m not sure if it translates to actual whp gains, but less weight (and rotating mass) will produce faster times on track. Depends on other variables as to how much time you can shed, but you’re increasing power to weight ratio and the lower rotating mass allows everything to get moving quicker. You should be able to feel it even on spirited runs.
Sponsored