Mach 1: 2023 production cut-off?

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Well then again it could be the opposite - they will sit in showrooms cause no one wants last model year of generation. Would rather buy new generation model year. That was the case with me the dealer had it sitting over the winter three months and assumed no one would want it as the DH was about to order up. he dropped the price $3K under sticker brand new (13 miles) 2022 Mach 1, A10, HP, Appearance Pack, NAV, Security, Full cover, GrabHer Blue ... !!!

Might be different story cause it's Spring and everyone is looking for their new Summer ride and if they didn't get a DH order in on the first day they can forgedda' about it ...
Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
Someone who prolly missed out on ordering one 🤣🤣🤣

I know what you mean. The Mustang Mach 1 is one of only a few cars I would consider buying. However, I don't need a new car, enjoy what I drive, and don't have garage space for another car. I hate that the Mach 1 option is now gone or soon to be gone. I will probably regret not getting one in a couple years if I need a new car. I have zero interest in a non manual transmission car (which is why the Corvette is no longer an option). I don't want something made by the Germans since they are not that reliable, are difficult to do basic maintenance on yourself, and cost a fortune to maintain. I don't want a car with a massive gaping front grill, which eliminates tons of cars. I think the S650 is crap compared to the Mach 1. The back and sides are OK, but not as nice as the S550. The front looks like crap in my opinion with all the blacked out plastic. I think the gargantuan screen sticking out of the dash on the interior looks stupid. I don't think I could want an S650.

To those with a Mach 1, congratulations. I think it is probably the best Mustang ever. The GT350 had too many engine issues. The GT500 has the look of a giant gaping blacked out hole in the front. The GT doesn't look quite as good and doesn't have near as good of a manual transmission. The Mach 1 is great. Sad it is going away. I wish the S550 had remained more years.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Well then again it could be the opposite - they will sit in showrooms cause no one wants last model year of generation.
There's not many of those, most orders in 2021-2022 were customer orders, not dealer orders for their lots, and in 2023 they made only 3000 cars (for the whole world). Not everyone likes Dark Horse either, this isn't some generational leap thing, only visual differentiation to attract new buyers and have the pre-facelift / S197 folks to upgrade.

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Well it happened so fast my head is still spinning....but I picked up a brand new Mach1 in Grabber Blue yesterday. The same car that caught my eye last Sunday when the dealership was closed. Its a small town dealership, and I had bought my Raptor there previously, so ZERO hassle. In and out in less than an hour; not counting the "lunch break" I took for a sanity check. I JUST went in for a test drive....LOL...but driving that car makes me smile sooo much! This comes at a time that I've been plagued with health issues for a while and really needed to perk up.

For those that are comparison shopping I will mention that they did have a $2,000 markup on that car ( and on all Broncos), although as a returning customer I did not have to pay that much.

IMG_0702.JPG

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Someone who prolly missed out on ordering one 🤣🤣🤣
I think it is pretty obvious I didn't order a Mach 1 from my post. I said I may regret it someday because the Mach 1 seems like a very good car. I wish it would have been around a couple more years because, if it was, I very well might have ordered one. Looks good. Shouldn't be overly expensive to maintain. Good manual transmission. Faster than I could ever need. The only thing I don't like about it is the weight. But there isn't a car available today that is exactly what I want. The Mach 1 is one of a very few that comes close.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well it happened so fast my head is still spinning....but I picked up a brand new Mach1 in Grabber Blue yesterday. The same car that caught my eye last Sunday when the dealership was closed. Its a small town dealership, and I had bought my Raptor there previously, so ZERO hassle. In and out in less than an hour; not counting the "lunch break" I took for a sanity check. I JUST went in for a test drive....LOL...but driving that car makes me smile sooo much! This comes at a time that I've been plagued with health issues for a while and really needed to perk up.

For those that are comparison shopping I will mention that they did have a $2,000 markup on that car ( and on all Broncos), although as a returning customer I did not have to pay that much.

IMG_0702.JPG
Congrats beautiful car! And the best color if I may say so 🤭

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
...I had bought my Raptor there previously...
😳 Do we have 66% of the same garage? Got a third? I'll stand on my head and post pics if you have what we have 🤣

Beautiful Mach - but please tell ME about the Raptor! This is my 4th one since the OG in 2010.

Screenshot_20230409-175628.png
Screenshot_20230409-175554.png

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
😳 Do we have 66% of the same garage? Got a third? I'll stand on my head and post pics if you have what we have 🤣

Beautiful Mach - but please tell ME about the Raptor! This is my 4th one since the OG in 2010.

Screenshot_20230409-175628.png
Screenshot_20230409-175554.png
Mine is a 2019. 80k miles of city pavement, beach sand, forest mud, LOTS of dusty ranch roads, and a central TX offroad park disguised as the worlds worst rock garden:

IMG_9741.jpg

IMG_8771.jpg

IMG_7740.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_9190.jpg

.....Oh and the third is the wife's Audi A4, nothing fancy.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Well then again it could be the opposite - they will sit in showrooms cause no one wants last model year of generation. Would rather buy new generation model year.
I bought the last model year of the s550 because I knew they had gotten all of the kinks and problems sorted out. My advice to anyone buying a new car is never buy the first model year of a new generation. Trust me!! There will always be problems the the first MY. Most of these companies end up scrapping a new car together in much shorter of a time than they were originally promised. Not saying the new s650 won't be good, but remember the A/C issues that plagued the 15-17 mustangs and the tick noises caused by Gen 2 coyotes. It'll be interesting to see what problems arise with these new cars!

Sponsored

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
Thanks for the viewpoints and info. Buying another car was further down my list, but I might need to make it happen sooner than expected, that is if we want to buy new off the lot. I'm ok with buying used later on, but the wife would rather see me buy a new car with full warranty.
I was planning to get my next mustang Feb 2024 but just put a deposit down on a 2023 Mach that is still at the plant being finished up. I didn't want to loose the opportunity to get it new and I conly found 2-3 with my specs. The handling packs are even harder to find.

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
I bought the last model year of the s550 because I knew they had gotten all of the kinks and problems sorted out.
I really hope I am wrong but I have a horrid suspicion that our 23s were assembled with whatever was left in the parts bin. :fingerscrossed:

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
I really hope I am wrong but I have a horrid suspicion that our 23s were assembled with whatever was left in the parts bin. :fingerscrossed:
You're right and wrong, lol! Only a few parts, if any, were assembled from the leftover bins. However, they were picked from the right bins. My 23 GT has the performance pack control arms (the ones with the brake cooling fins)! Yours might have some good parts too.

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
You're right and wrong, lol! Only a few parts, if any, were assembled from the leftover bins. However, they were picked from the right bins. My 23 GT has the performance pack control arms (the ones with the brake cooling fins)! Yours might have some good parts too.
I just hope we didn't get any of the old A/C evaporator assemblies LMAO!

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
yeah from the Bin marked Taiwan
Sponsored