Sponsored

MAC PRO CHAMBER

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
has anyone on here used a mac prochamber inplace of a x pipe or h pipe or maybe with a h pipe infront of it so it acted slightly like a mid mount muffler? have 6.5 inch long mini race bullets in the stock muffler location and a h pipe, recently gutted stock cats due to clogging from doing too must ghost cam tuning and the car sounds just not very well, no tone after a gutted the cats but i had no choice at the time. will be doing long tubes shortly and just wondering if the prochamber might give it a different tone then it currently has.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
No experience with the pro-chamber in the S550 or any Coyote applications, but from having it installed on my 2003 Cobra I can tell you that it doesn't change the tone much, but what it does is lessen the volume slightly and smooths out the exhaust note. It works much in the same way as most small resonators.

If you want a different tone to the exhaust, that's mainly the job of a muffler so you'd need to change those bullets out for something else.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Chambered mufflers and coyote do not mix well.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wondering if part of the shit noise now comes from the stock big cats being gutted. Did like how it was with the h pipe and small bullets until I gutted the stock cats

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know they sell them for the 11-17 coyotes but haven’t heard them on it yet. They always changed the tone on the order fox mustangs and even the 2v,3v and 4v cobras quite a bit over the h or x pipe could always tell the difference. Was just wondering since I have one sitting in the shed I could cut up and make fit either in place of my h pipe or maybe put it behind the cross over portion of the h and see how it does.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I know they sell them for the 11-17 coyotes but haven’t heard them on it yet. They always changed the tone on the order fox mustangs and even the 2v,3v and 4v cobras quite a bit over the h or x pipe could always tell the difference. Was just wondering since I have one sitting in the shed I could cut up and make fit either in place of my h pipe or maybe put it behind the cross over portion of the h and see how it does.
Bill give it a go. I like to be different

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the cjpp h pipe on currently so I could put it before the cross over section and see how it works

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just wondering if part of the shit noise now comes from the stock big cats being gutted. Did like how it was with the h pipe and small bullets until I gutted the stock cats

Yes, gutting the cats can and will absolutely make your car sound like crap. It's already hard enough to make these cars sound good with the mufflers being behind the bumper.

I'm also curious how much RWHP you're packing that the cats were a hindrance to exhaust flow since gutted cats often cause a restriction due to stagnation of exhaust gasses.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wasn’t that I make too much power that they were being a restriction it was due to running the ghost cam and them clogging up from that. I learned to self tune on my own car so it had a lot of ghost cam testing which lead to there death lol I did not have a chance at that time to just install the long tubes so this was a 30 minute fix at work just to be able to continue to drive the car. I assumed huge hollow cats had a lot to do with it

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It wasn’t that I make too much power that they were being a restriction it was due to running the ghost cam and them clogging up from that. I learned to self tune on my own car so it had a lot of ghost cam testing which lead to there death lol I did not have a chance at that time to just install the long tubes so this was a 30 minute fix at work just to be able to continue to drive the car. I assumed huge hollow cats had a lot to do with it

Alright well that makes sense, and yes I've always heard cars get more raspy the more you straight pipe a system. I've never heard a pro chamber on something as new as S550 but the concept worked on the older cars.

Sponsored

ddaarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush RS2
I removed the MAC pro chamber off when I sold my sn95 cobra. I brought it to a trusted mustang muffler shop and he said it will hit speed bumps if installed.

I'd love to hear from someone who installed one as well.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can’t see it hitting speed bumps it’s not much thicker at all then the stock resonator unless the car is way lowered. I think I’m going to try and get it installed on mine and see how it sounds.

slater550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
i had a prochamber on an 06 and loved it. but I also had mac longtubes and mac exhaust. too me it was an awesome combo. so much that ive been in contact with mac about when they will have the same setup for the 18's. I believe the 15-17 prochamber will fit the 18s just waiting on an answer from mac.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I’m really interested in seeing how it sounds, loved them on all the previous year mustangs

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Chambered mufflers and coyote do not mix well.
That depends though. I have the GT500 mufflers (I assume they’re chambered) with an H pipe. This is probably IMO the best sounding set up for these cars. This set up gives a nice deep throaty rumble. It sounds very “Mustangy”, and gives it the sound that made me want a Mustang. Too many S550’s out there have that high raspy sound. I wanted a Mustang sound, close to the SN95’s or the even the earlier S197’s.
I heard the GT500 setup on other cars before I got it, sounded old school.
To me it sounds almost like the Hemi trucks when cruising, or even the Challengers, that deep, muscle car sound. How it should have sounded from the factory.
Sponsored