Sponsored

Lund tuning question/initial tune doesn't run properly

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Question.......
I just installed my "initial" Lund tune for a Supercharger application. I couldn't really get through the first steps because the car was running really badly. Is this normal? I'm sure that Lund will tweak it and get me dialed in, but I'm surprised that it will barely idle. I had difficulty revving the car past 3000rpms or driving it as was requested. Thoughts?
Sponsored

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Contact Lund something is wrong, make sure nothing was missed during the install. Check everything over.

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think it's getting there....... Lund just added tons of fuel to get an initial tune in to keep the motor safe.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
You're in good hands, speaking from experience

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You're in good hands, speaking from experience
Yes!!! My tuner (Dasan) was very nice to work with. We did 5 or 6 revisions, and it seems well dialed in at this point. He responded really quickly too. Within minutes actually! I've never had a "remote" tune done before. I think they start really rich to keep things safe and work up from there. Initially, I thought something may have been wrong with the tune. The very 1st tune sent was off quite a bit and my car would barely run. Not a complaint, just stating this in case anyone else who reads this post understands that it takes time, trial and error. A tune can't be just written once and be perfect from the get go.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I've worked with Jon Lund II, Jr, and Sr on my current supercharger tune. All were awesome. My initial startup tune was rich, so they revised it...not rich enough to make it run weird though. A few WOT revisions after that and it runs flawlessly.
Sponsored