Lund LRX all the sudden says “Not allowed or a new vehicle was detected”

jakefed4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
Hello everyone I have a FBO 17’ 5.0 manual and I was looking to get some help on a tuning issue. I’ve had my LUND LRX device for about a month now and it’s been great so far. Today I put in 47 pound injectors and had my tuner send the tune to the cloud and had my LRX sync with it. When I started the tune it was fine until it stopped at 3-16 files completed. Now when I try and program the car the device prompts me with “ATTENTION! Not allowed or a new device was detected”. I emailed my tuner about the issue at 4:20 PM hoping he could help but when 5:00 PM hit I knew I was going to have to wait till Monday. It’s Kind of frustrating that such well respected tuners can’t work with you a little bit after hours to fix a major issue. Now the car won’t start and I can’t go back on any other tunes. If anyone knows if this is an issue on my end or lunds end I would greatly appreciate any info.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jakefed4

jakefed4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
Here is what the dash is looking like and also what the LRX is saying when i press program.

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I have not tried this but others say it works.

If you have FORscan restore your PCM to original parameters. Then after try flashing your tune again.

When flashing make sure you have a battery tender hooked up.

OP
OP
jakefed4

jakefed4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium
Quick update for anyone having this problem in the future. Lund said the pcm got bricked. I’m not quite sure how. I had the battery hooked up to another one while tuning. Lund was able to fix the pcm!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Forscan is supposed to bring them back too. Glad Lund helped you. You are the exception.
Sponsored