Sponsored

Lund 93 Tune Stock A10

Legion_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hey everyone!

Car is mostly stock. Just a Drop in and H pipe back exhaust.

I'll be switching to E85 later, but curious how much more power should I expect to get tuned on 93?

Obviously one benefit is the tune on the A10. Is the driveability decent?

Sorry Im sure this is asked a billion times. Thanks for your time .
Sponsored

mustang347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT PP1 401a, A10, Lund tuned
short answer is the tune really wakes the car up and the drivability is great. couldn't be happier.

OP
OP
Legion_s550

Legion_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
short answer is the tune really wakes the car up and the drivability is great. couldn't be happier.
Thanks for your insight man! Any idea how much you gained? I'm sure its not too terribly much, but figured i'd ask.

Are the drive modes still available? Or even useful after the tune?

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Don't expect a bunch more power just on the 93 tune. There is a Lund video on Youtube where he explains these cars are pretty optimal from the factory. You will notice better shifting for the A10. E85 is where its at and brings the most power and smiles per gallon. Yes the drive modes still work as expected and are useful even with the tune. I tuned my 18 A10 for E at 5000 miles and it ran great until i sold the car with 60,000 miles on it. Now i'm back in a 18 M6 and can't wait to put a fuel system in it to get back on E with the blower it has on it.

OP
OP
Legion_s550

Legion_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't expect a bunch more power just on the 93 tune. There is a Lund video on Youtube where he explains these cars are pretty optimal from the factory. You will notice better shifting for the A10. E85 is where its at and brings the most power and smiles per gallon. Yes the drive modes still work as expected and are useful even with the tune. I tuned my 18 A10 for E at 5000 miles and it ran great until i sold the car with 60,000 miles on it. Now i'm back in a 18 M6 and can't wait to put a fuel system in it to get back on E with the blower it has on it.
Yeah i'm not expecting much honestly. Maybe 15-20HP tops. What i'm really looking forward to is more consistent power delivery, and better shifts. It's a little late in the year, so i'll be going E85 next spring.

With that said, that's pretty amazing you drove on it for that long and had success. Make's me even more happy with going this route.

Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
O P I have the same set up and I called Lund about there 93 tune I was told it not worth doing on a stock motor but other company are saying you can get up to 30 HP with a tune so I will what till I do some mods before I tune my car

OP
OP
Legion_s550

Legion_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O P I have the same set up and I called Lund about there 93 tune I was told it not worth doing on a stock motor but other company are saying you can get up to 30 HP with a tune so I will what till I do some mods before I tune my car

Interesting. I told them it's stock, and they didn't indicate that it wasnt worth it. I'm sure its completely subjective, since the gain is relatively small. Like mentioned above, really what i'm looking for is more consistent power, and better shifts. I'm hoping to get at least that.

mustang347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT PP1 401a, A10, Lund tuned
I do have the 93, flex, and E85R tunes but i initially just did the 93 tune to start, i have the same mods you do. Maybe my car is strange but between the torque increase and the improved shifting i was smiling from ear to ear with the 93...now I can definitely tell the difference between the 93 and E85 tunes...on E85 i can light the tires up on command even in normal mode.

OP
OP
Legion_s550

Legion_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do have the 93, flex, and E85R tunes but i initially just did the 93 tune to start, i have the same mods you do. Maybe my car is strange but between the torque increase and the improved shifting i was smiling from ear to ear with the 93...now I can definitely tell the difference between the 93 and E85 tunes...on E85 i can light the tires up on command even in normal mode.
That's precisely the route i'll be going. Glad to hear you thought it was worth it. Especially with the improved shifting.
Sponsored