Sponsored

Low mileage 2018 GT350R being sold by Ford dealer in CO for $78.6k... w/o CF rims

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I think it is low, but you can disagree that’s fine. Base R cars are special and rare.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
I think it is low, but you can disagree that’s fine. Base R cars are special and rare.
Understood. That car should go fast.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
why would a base R car be more value than a loaded R car? I get there's less of them, but its still... a base car vs the premium or whatever. talking about cars in general, ive seen less optioned models sell for more, more sought after just because low production. doesnt make sense to me.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
why would a base R car be more value than a loaded R car? I get there's less of them, but its still... a base car vs the premium or whatever. talking about cars in general, ive seen less optioned models sell for more, more sought after just because low production. doesnt make sense to me.
I agree, it’s all based on the buyer or perspective buyer and what they value as more important. Where I live, no AC is practically a death sentence, so a base R was never in the cards.

My car is 1 of 13 in its color combination. I’ve had multiple offers because it’s a one year color, so color, features etc., those things will always factor in and it’s buyer specific as to what is things make which car more sought after.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am assuming. They don't show any 11.5 carbon fiber. Always best to run a VIN but to my limited knowledge, there is only 1 cf rim size for front and 1 for back made for the gt350r.

Here is a dealer even cheaper.

https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/oe...TN3BT-EA2ya0x6KeTaVY5_dJvnNuAZoBoC3rgQAvD_BwE
Even though the rear CF wheels are larger than the front CF wheels keep in mind that the smaller front wheels are actually more expensive than the smaller rear wheels.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Had to reread your post a few times in order to fully understand your response but at the end of the day low production numbers, less options and a rarity of a vehicle do actually do come into play with respect to overall value of a HP vehicle and in this case a Shelby GT350 Mustang.

Bottom line is that low production numbers, less optioned Mustangs and extreme rarity do actually command a higher purchase price for Mustangs or for HP vehicles in general for that matter in spite of what you might think is reasonable.

Examples of low production numbers and less optioned Mustangs that command higher prices include the very rare Shelby GT350 Competition Cars from 1965, the 107 SVT Cobra R's that were produced for the 1993 MY and the 300 SVT Cobra R's that were produced for the 2000 MY.

Really no different than the 135 second generation GT350 Base R models that were produced from 2015 thru 2018 that came equipped with many less items (~15) than the Electronic Package R's that were produced from 2015 thru 2020.

With the 135 Base R models making up ~.5% of GT350/R production numbers for the 6 model years and coming equipped with very few option items it is really not difficult to understand why the very rare 2nd generation GT350 Base R's command a premium price.

:sunglasses:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I understand that a Base R is not a daily driver due to the absence of proper creature comforts. The rarity and the fact that this version was produced by Ford at all makes it a valuable car for an enthusiast of the GT 350.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
Even though the rear CF wheels are larger than the front CF wheels keep in mind that the smaller front wheels are actually more expensive than the smaller rear wheels.
Yes I'm aware. The front cf wheels inner barrel are ceramic coated.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I certainly agree with your comments.

Having said that has the asking price for this 2018 Base R now been revised to $78,481 and if so is that not a ~$5000 price increase for this car just since yesterday?

Maybe I have my facts and numbers wrong and if so I will watch for someone to chime in and correct me?

:wink:

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I certainly agree with your comments.

Having said that has the asking price for this 2018 Base R now been revised to $78,481 and if so is that not a ~$5000 price increase for this car just since yesterday?

Maybe I have my facts and numbers wrong and if so I will watch for someone to chime in and correct me?

:wink:
Well considering the title of this thread says $78.6 :cwl:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well considering the title of this thread says $78.6 :cwl:
Understood, but if I recall correctly the price for this vehicle was reduced by $5000 after this thread was initially posted but looks like that price reduction has since been retracted. :wink:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It would be a dire day that I sell my base R, or for that matter any of them.

They are a rare optioned (or lack thereof) car. But I insist that the base R is the most track prepped R out of the box for the track. Anything else is a compromise. Since that is the spirit of the R model, then that particular spec should go down in history as the best track focused GT350 ever made to date.

Agree to disagree. Go ahead. I enjoy both models, creature comforts as well as the raw car the way it was intended to be.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It would be a dire day that I sell my base R, or for that matter any of them.

They are a rare optioned (or lack thereof) car. But I insist that the base R is the most track prepped R out of the box for the track. Anything else is a compromise. Since that is the spirit of the R model, then that particular spec should go down in history as the best track focused GT350 ever made to date.

Agree to disagree. Go ahead. I enjoy both models, creature comforts as well as the raw car the way it was intended to be.
Well said Tom! :clap:

:like: :like:

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Serious question: what is the difference between a Base R and a Electronics/Technology package R? I'm not familiar with the Base R, only that is has no AC and the infotainment screen is gone. Would appreciate feedback.

Thanks
Sponsored