Loud mufflers in NYS

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Legislation before Gov. Cuomo (NY) to sign, resulting in penalties for shops and owners who modify exhausts for excessive noise (cars and motorcycles).

exhausts (cars and motorcyles) which have excessive noise
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Time to join a whole bunch of other NYS escapees and move to FL. Just don't bring that Kommie Krud with ya.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
Time to do what I did and install active exhaust mufflers.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Unfortunately its still not going to do much. From the articles I have read, people aren't complaining about V8's with a somewhat louder exhaust. Its those shit boxes that fart as they go down the road. I live a block away from a street in Queens that is notorious for morons racing on Saturday nights. Sometimes there are over 100 cars on one stretch; sounds like a goddamn war zone. The cops come by and give a couple of tickets, maybe arrest someone, but they all just move on to the next spot.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Time to join a whole bunch of other NYS escapees and move to FL. Just don't bring that Kommie Krud with ya.
Florida's laws are stricter. New York says you cant modify it to be louder then stock, but anything stock is legal (31). Florida has the same law (5a), but also has a hard limit on sound level (2a). So in Florida you could get a ticket driving off the lot.
Sponsored

Last edited: