Loss of power/Jerky acceleration

OP
OP

LePhatnom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I hate to say it, but this can’t be good.
I really hope they’re doing compression tests and all the rest of it right now.
Could be wrong but I seem to recall another member (Aussie) having a similar issue.
I don’t recall the specifics but I’m pretty sure he ended up with a new engine.
I think they have done the compression test before the spark plugs tho.
New engine can't be that bad can it? 6months less on the wear
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think they have done the compression test before the spark plugs tho.
New engine can't be that bad can it? 6months less on the wear
If they do it right, no dramas really.
It’s all about the blokes on the spanners though...
I think you’ll be fine, it’s just a scary proposition.
My local ford dealer struggles to get an oil change right, not a hope in hell I’d let them swap the engine out.
I’m really hoping you get better results than that.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Eek. Sorry to hear that. So much for the bad gas!

dpollard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt in Shadow Black
Resurrection, but what you describe is precisely what I've also got.

My car is less that two weeks old from brand new, less than 400 miles on the clock and has been like this from the delivery tank of fuel. Goes in this week to start the diagnostics

Did you ever get sorted?

OP
OP

LePhatnom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Resurrection, but what you describe is precisely what I've also got.

My car is less that two weeks old from brand new, less than 400 miles on the clock and has been like this from the delivery tank of fuel. Goes in this week to start the diagnostics

Did you ever get sorted?

Hey mate, it was fixed but I dont have good news. Hope you don’t have the same issue.

They first blamed contaminated fuel, then contaminated spark plugs because of that. After a month and a change of plugs, no change. They took apart the engine and found a nut had come loose and fallen into the bore. This trashed the whole engine and they had to drop a crate engine in. All up, they had the car for 10 weeks.

They said it was the first time this issue has ever popped up in Aus

Sponsored

dpollard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Cheers for replying so quick on a old thread - even from the other side of the planet. :thumbsup:

It's a new car, so even if it takes 10 weeks to fix at least I know it'll be covered by warranty and there'll be nothing to pay, The reassurance is that it takes something of this scale to make the engine lumpy - and that it's not me being a crap/new driver. I've come from a Lotus, which pulled from 2000 rpm to 7800 - so I'm used to torque all the way through the power band and I was more concerned that I've bought something with multiple flat spots on the curve.

dpollard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
And by way of a further resurrection.

After 7 months since the last posting, and 8 weeks away being repaired following 3 breakdowns, the car has been rejected and returned for full refund.

First it was the fuel pump, then the injectors, then the fuel rails, then the pipeline contracting only under heat, then *could* be the fuel pickup.....
I argued that even a bulletproof V8 that has had fuelling issues for the start of it's life could have longer term damage. That and the dangerous way it suddenly kept losing power () - so eventually won the argument

I collect a replacement vehicle this Friday (2020 Bullitt)

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
And by way of a further resurrection.

After 7 months since the last posting, and 8 weeks away being repaired following 3 breakdowns, the car has been rejected and returned for full refund.

First it was the fuel pump, then the injectors, then the fuel rails, then the pipeline contracting only under heat, then *could* be the fuel pickup.....
I argued that even a bulletproof V8 that has had fuelling issues for the start of it's life could have longer term damage. That and the dangerous way it suddenly kept losing power () - so eventually won the argument

I collect a replacement vehicle this Friday (2020 Bullitt)
Good to hear they are doing the right thing. They seem to be being quite reasonable with these issues. Having just had my air con replaced for the second time, 10 months outside warranty, I'm certainly impressed with the customer service.
Would be better if they didn't fail, but I wouldn't change to any other car after having my Mustang.
Sponsored