Sponsored

Looking to upgrade from basic sync screen , recommendation

samra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2015 v6
Greetings

am looking to upgrade my mustang screen , i have the mustang 2015 v6 , my screen (Radio display) is the basic one with the size 4.2 inch screen

any recommendationthat shouldi upgrade to sync2 or sync3 or choose android
And any advices if i should or i shouldnt that maybe ill face problems
Sponsored

luv2fly3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Just really depends on your budget, what you really want in the end, and how much work you want to do. The infotainment swap mentioned above could be the easiest option, but definitely pricy. I went with a whole new head unit in my '15 GT, and just recently upgraded my speakers with a new amp as well. I am thrilled with the sound I now have with those upgrades and my 2 10" subs in the trunk. But it definitely was a lot more work than a simple stock swap. The HU swap isn't bad if you have the patience and are willing to disassemble your dash to do it. I went aftermarket like I said and put in a Kenwood DMX9707S, with a few adapters that offer all of my climate control, engine info, backup camera and full steering wheel and dash button and knob control just as the factory system worked. Plus I now have Android Auto and Apple Carplay with the new unit. So that can be an option as well if you want to go aftermarket.

So again, just depends on what you want to accomplish and your budget but there are definitely options!

Qu8Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Just really depends on your budget, what you really want in the end, and how much work you want to do. The infotainment swap mentioned above could be the easiest option, but definitely pricy. I went with a whole new head unit in my '15 GT, and just recently upgraded my speakers with a new amp as well. I am thrilled with the sound I now have with those upgrades and my 2 10" subs in the trunk. But it definitely was a lot more work than a simple stock swap. The HU swap isn't bad if you have the patience and are willing to disassemble your dash to do it. I went aftermarket like I said and put in a Kenwood DMX9707S, with a few adapters that offer all of my climate control, engine info, backup camera and full steering wheel and dash button and knob control just as the factory system worked. Plus I now have Android Auto and Apple Carplay with the new unit. So that can be an option as well if you want to go aftermarket.

So again, just depends on what you want to accomplish and your budget but there are definitely options!
Do you have any pictures of your radio in the car, I’m thinking about upgrading my radio in my car.

luv2fly3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Do you have any pictures of your radio in the car, I’m thinking about upgrading my radio in my car.
Here are a few just showing a few of the screens the functionality the Kenwood offers. It fits great and looks pretty stock honestly, other than the small ring around the perimeter of the face and the additional buttons at the bottom. But all of my steering wheel and dash controls work. The CD player is gone, so the slit is there on the dash, but there is no player behind it. I love the upgrade!

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

Last edited: