Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hi

looking to trade my 2018 black Dodge Charger scatpack for a 2020 black mustang premium gt with California special . This is the only one they have in 6 speed manual with rev matching. I really like the interior in this package but they do have a black or metallic grey with black accents package but only in 10 speed auto. I rather get a 6 speed manual vs auto.
Shhh, A10 owners won't admit that part lol
if you like a manual or are looking for a manual, go with the manual. The 10 speed auto is a great performer but ultimately i didnt enjoy it and that pretty much was the main factor that led to me selling my mustang and getting a manual camaro ss 1le.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ethanhunter34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang gt California special
Does the California special holds its value?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Ban him! :shock:

LOL, j/k. How are you liking the Camaro? I hear the 1LE is quite the car.
haha right! the mustang6g forum is much better than the camaro 6 one though. Layout, notifications, etc are much better imo.

i love it! i was considering waiting for the mach 1 but i simply fell in love with the camaro when i test drove it. I got a good deal on it so i was sold. Having the tremec 6060 transmission is a nice bonus.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Does the California special holds its value?
i would say you can consistently get maybe 1 or 2k more for the CS over a regular premium gt yes. So basically a little less than the price of the package. Performance package might retain value better though, especially pp2.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
i would say you can consistently get maybe 1 or 2k more for the CS over a regular premium gt yes. So basically a little less than the price of the package. Performance package might retain value better though, especially pp2.
I would agree but the more changes you make (wheels, stripes, etc.) the less you will get back. It is basically an appearance package so changing it lessens it’s value.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Welcome to the forum Ethan. You did know asking this question on this forum was going to get you numerous different answers. There is no consensus on this forum. You need to decide what tranny you want to drive day in and day out. We cannot help you with that. Personally I have the A10 and love it buts that's only because of a bum knee. Otherwise I would have bought a Bullitt.

I also have the active exhaust. It's great for being quite in the neighborhood and loud on the street. If this works for you, get it, if not you can always go aftermarket.

As far as the California Special, well I'm a little biased. That said, if you decide to go M6 then definitely get it. The interior is well worth it and that's were you spend your time driving. You can change the wheels and remove the stripes if you want.
An island of sanity in a sea of lunacy.

OP: My comment - as I'm sure you realize - beyond the BIG differences in the cars, is you will take a BIG hit trading in your Charger.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I would agree but the more changes you make (wheels, stripes, etc.) the less you will get back. It is basically an appearance package so changing it lessens it’s value.
agreed. Im sure the seats will still make a few people pay a little extra though

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Just FYI, the California Special package is only available on the premium car so drive modes are standard.
That is true, but he was also mentioning a non CS car, which could be anything from a base no option GT to a fully loaded premium

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That is true, but he was also mentioning a non CS car, which could be anything from a base no option GT to a fully loaded premium
Thanks, I didn’t read that right. If OP is considering a base car then he should consider having the 301a package.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Saw the most amazing thing, watching the Steeda car talking some laps.

I be damn the car in not fluid drive. Got that clunky manual working for it.

Think you boys need to have a talk with them. Let em know that real men don't drive a manual box.

That's not to say girly men are not men cause they paddle a fluid drive. 🎻

Just saying
LMAO.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The 1le’s now have the 10speed option..