Sponsored

Looking To Get FRPP tune/CAI but have questions about FMIC, charge pipes, & radiator

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I remember reading about some people seeing error codes when they reconnected it
It's a non-critical code that doesn't pop up as a CEL. But as I said, all you have to do is remove the motor from the AGS, and plug it back in and zip tie it behind the bumper bar. Not hard at all brother.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TheDonSalami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
Oh alright. Thanks again for the information!

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I've got the CP-e intercooler and very satisfied with it. I've tracked the car at and HPDE event a couple times now and it's performed very well. It'll do just fine, built like a tank, you get to keep the AGS if you want, fits in the stock location with no modifications, and no heat soak even on the track. I'm sure the ATM is better but why spend extra if the CP-e does it anyway?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I've got the CP-e intercooler and very satisfied with it. I've tracked the car at and HPDE event a couple times now and it's performed very well. It'll do just fine, built like a tank, you get to keep the AGS if you want, fits in the stock location with no modifications, and no heat soak even on the track. I'm sure the ATM is better but why spend extra if the CP-e does it anyway?
This is true brother. The CP-e will most likely get the job done especially when you aren't going 10/10ths all the time. I was just merely stating for less than $100 more, you can get the ATM. Just depends on what you wanna go with to be honest. Actually to be honest...anything to just get the damn stock IC out of there lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheDonSalami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
i mean either way i should be fine. i just need to alter my plans and get the intercooler and install (i start looking harder for a shop that can/will do it) it before the FRPP tune

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I installed the FP tune first without upgrading the IC. For normal casual driving, the stock IC will get you to where you need to be. But if you ever decide to step on it, do a couple pulls, hell even drive in any weather hotter than 75, you will not be disappointed with an aftermarket IC. I went with the MAP street and its 100x better than stock. It pulls more up top because timing is no longer being pulled due to heat soak, even after 1 pull. When driving in hot weather, the car no longer boggles like its struggling for air, its just feels more reliable. I dont even have aftermarket charge pipes, I dont feel those are worth the price, sure they may help, but not as much as the IC itself. As for the radiator, most would reccommend the radiator that comes on the PP. But FP designed the tune with both models, so you should be fine with stock, besides, the tune has a warranty anyways
Sponsored