TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought a 2019 GT Premium with PP1 this month. I would like to upgrade the suspension, wheels, tires and whatever else is necessary to get the look and feel I want. I know that is subjective for the most part but there are some things that are not.

My primary goals are performance and a close second is the look. Ride comfort is a close third to performance and look. I may never drive on the track but I want something that would handle well if I did. I want the car to sit as low as possible and still be my everyday ride.

I would like to be able to put the widest wheel/tire combo possible at some point if for no other reason than it looks good to me. I am looking for suggestions on the combination of parts as well as the recommended order from those of you that have "been there, done that".

I would have liked to have had the magneride factory system and hope to come up with something equal or better in the long run.

At some point, I plan to add a supercharger but not likely in the near future since I want to hang on to the warranty for a while.

I have looked at a number of journals on this site and others and reviewed a lot of recommendations. The air suspension systems seem to be versatile but I want to do this right all the way through the first time and appreciate any suggestions you may have.

I do not want to spend any more than I have to but if I have to spend a little more to get the best I am good with that.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Wheel and tire sizes - the easy answer is to borrow a page from the PP2 playbook with 19x10.5/19x11 and 305/30-19 tires. Since you're not tracking this car (yet), go with Michelin PS4S tires rather than PSC2's.

Norm

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Ultralites are great springs to get you lower and still have great handling. I have had these for a while now; the stance is perfect and the handling is sharp. No issues daily driving.

If you want super low, then seek the airbags you mentioned or look into slammed springs. Just understand that the S550 doesn’t care much to be lowered a lot; you’ll sacrifice handling when you go too low.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Ultralites are great springs to get you lower and still have great handling. I have had these for a while now; the stance is perfect and the handling is sharp. No issues daily driving.

If you want super low, then seek the airbags you mentioned or look into slammed springs. Just understand that the S550 doesn’t care much to be lowered a lot; you’ll sacrifice handling when you go too low.

Awesome picture! Thank you for sharing!

Steeda Tech

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought a 2019 GT Premium with PP1 this month. I would like to upgrade the suspension, wheels, tires and whatever else is necessary to get the look and feel I want. I know that is subjective for the most part but there are some things that are not.

My primary goals are performance and a close second is the look. Ride comfort is a close third to performance and look. I may never drive on the track but I want something that would handle well if I did. I want the car to sit as low as possible and still be my everyday ride.

I would like to be able to put the widest wheel/tire combo possible at some point if for no other reason than it looks good to me. I am looking for suggestions on the combination of parts as well as the recommended order from those of you that have "been there, done that".

I would have liked to have had the magneride factory system and hope to come up with something equal or better in the long run.

At some point, I plan to add a supercharger but not likely in the near future since I want to hang on to the warranty for a while.

I have looked at a number of journals on this site and others and reviewed a lot of recommendations. The air suspension systems seem to be versatile but I want to do this right all the way through the first time and appreciate any suggestions you may have.
I upgraded my 17 mustang gt non premium

I do not want to spend any more than I have to but if I have to spend a little more to get the best I am good with that.
I just upgraded my complete minus the springs eibach sport lines to steeda. My 17 mustang gt non pp is amazing

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
I meant my suspension plus subframe braces and Jack rails lower control arms with extended ball joints make a great upgrade
Sponsored