Sponsored

Looking for a tune shop for a 2021 GT w/ Roush 2650 near GTA

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yes. The factory tune has it as well. Snow/wet mode as an example.
Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Heres an example of the 24 GT a10 pedal setup for sand/drag on the left vs normal on the right.

1704155531741.png

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It makes a massive change in performance. The mustang is RPM controlled for normal and WOT shifting. The quicker you can get the RPMs up, the sooner you will shift. I have my pedal in sport set VERY aggressive on the bottom end so its fun on the street. And for drag I have it ramp in fast and hit 100% TB at 80% pedal. That helps with the short times at the track.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Left is my drag pedal and right is my street fun pedal. As you can imagine the sport pedal is WAY more aggressive.

1704155822239.png

Last edited:

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Lastly my normal vs my snow/wet. I have my normal just a tad hotter than stock's 1:1 but once the initial ramp in, its smooth to almost WOT. Its all about how the car feels to you. I like that initial bit to be harsh so I ramp in my pedal configs fast. That gives me the "quick car" feeling. I have a whipple so its amplified, but if I was stock or had a ESS blower this would be key to getting that feel like you are actually making 650hp vs feeling "like stock" driving around. Some like that, I dont. But its all tunable in the tune. Same with shift RPM per gear based off of RPM. You can push that RPM up or down per gear at various pedal percentages. This is why the pedal is key. If you ramp up the TB faster with a hotter pedal, the shifts will happen what feels like faster. Then you can actually MAKE them faster with higher shift pressures and ramp in ramp out times and TC lock ups.

1704156349280.png

Drag mode shift schedule based on OSS which is output shaft speed times the gear's ratio. Example would be first gear (1>2) at 50% pedal. Thats OSS 950 x 1st gear's ratio of 4.69 making that shift RPM in first at 50% pedal being 4,455RPM.

1704156502100.png

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. Thanks. It appears that’s all about the throttle and nothing with timing or fuel. Car will make the same power, but “feel” a little different. Basically the same thing as a pedal commander as you said earlier, except in the tune itself.

Do you self tune your car? How difficult is it to alter the tip-in when you stab the throttle? Rolling into throttle vs stabbing the throttle. What differences would there be for tip-in?

Thanks!

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ok. Thanks. It appears that’s all about the throttle and nothing with timing or fuel. Car will make the same power, but “feel” a little different. Basically the same thing as a pedal commander as you said earlier, except in the tune itself.

Do you self tune your car? How difficult is it to alter the tip-in when you stab the throttle? Rolling into throttle vs stabbing the throttle. What differences would there be for tip-in?

Thanks!
There are a tremendous amount of tables and values that you need to adjust to change the car's air, fuel and spark. The car uses 26 map points with several separate values in each map point at any given time for spark, torque tables and VCT settings. There are what feels like an infinite amount of ways to achieve the same output from the car based off of octane and altitude. I do self tune my car with the help from Wengerd. But its an awful amount of settings and tables that need to be played with, almost all based on what datalogs tell you.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yeah the power is fine. I don't need that adjusted at all. Like it's faster / more powerful than I will ever use or probably handle. I'm man enough to admit I'm not a pro racer LOL

I just don't want the viking invasion when I'm in drag mode every shift. Roush put out a tune update in April of last year that is a LITTLE better (at least in SPORT) but it's still pretty violent in drag.

I would say they got half way there.

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Diego. Yes. Maybe a 3 valve or earlier. Not for a coyote though.

All I will say is there are many more and better options in the USA. I stand by the comment about no one up here can compare for coyotes. Now, a newer GM and my friend Arun has you completely covered!

Sponsored

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
What is wrong with Diego?

Diego. Yes. Maybe a 3 valve or earlier. Not for a coyote though.

All I will say is there are many more and better options in the USA. I stand by the comment about no one up here can compare for coyotes. Now, a newer GM and my friend Arun has you completely covered!
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to add my two cents in. When I completed my Edelbrock E-Force supercharger neither Diego, DaSilva or Steeda would tune my car. Diego said he doesn't have the tools needed to tune my 3rd gen Coyote. DaSilva said he was too busy to tune a blower he hasn't done before. He apparently knows how to tune a Whipple but most people with a stage 1 Whipple live by the Whipple tune.... It's that good. DaSilva tuned my 2005 GT with a Vortech supercharger. Joe DaSilva is the king of upsell... Things spontaneously happen on the dyno that require you to spend more money. Diego also tried to tune my 2011 GT with Roush supercharger..... Needless to say we parted ways and he had to refund my money. I ended up going to Alternative Auto in Michigan and had Lidio tune my car. The man's a genius.... Unfortunately driving to Michigan isn't always an option. Back to the the 2021 Mustang I took the advice of members here and went with a remote tune from Lund. Car runs fantastic. I did contact Arun at CC Performance but for my car he also would have gone through Lund. I know this is a long reply but a lot of it is ranting. I've spent too much time and money to ever trust my car to the tuners here in Ontario.... Do yourself a favor and get in touch with one of the reputable US tuners. If it's just a trans tune it's probably no work at all to do it remotely. Good luck.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Exactly!

Arun is a god with new GM stuff. No one I trust with the coyote here. Lidio a great guy. Spent a LOT of money there back in the old fox days.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I have this bookmarked. I have an appointment with Ford on Monday to do some maintenance stuff as well as the recall notice for the brake fluid sensor. I'll have them check to see if I am on the latest Roush tune and, if not, update me. I'll try that and see if it's better.

If it isn't then I'll write Lund. Seems like there is a lot of back and forth required? Still not sure of the process but I recall seeing YouTube vids on how it's done?

My warrenty is up in July so no biggie.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Lund doesnt support the Roush 2018+ blowers was their response.
Sponsored

Last edited: