Long tube to midpipe question

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
Are you guys making a gasket where the long tubes connect to the mid pipe or just bolting it together? I bolted mine together and I have a small leak that I can't get to go away no matter how I position the clamp. Curious if I could use high temp rtv to seal it.
Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you need a flange on both ends from the long tubes to the mid pipes and use a band clamp. also a muffler shop should have a gasket to stick between there....

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My headers were already designed to mate with a 3" catback. My Krona has some really legit double bolted clamps that hold it all together.

OP
OP
TyrFryr_5.0h

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
My headers were already designed to mate with a 3" catback. My Krona has some really legit double bolted clamps that hold it all together.
mine has double bolted clamps. The drivers side sealed up fine with out a gasket, the passenger side on the other hand will not completely seal for life of me.

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
something has to be off or warped to have a leak and not find a solution that fixes it. would have to say find a legit muffler shop put it up while someone is in the car or remote start it to see where it's leaking at and see if they can fix it. might just need a flex piece between them if it is a solid piece.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TyrFryr_5.0h

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
something has to be off or warped to have a leak and not find a solution that fixes it. would have to say find a legit muffler shop put it up while someone is in the car or remote start it to see where it's leaking at and see if they can fix it. might just need a flex piece between them if it is a solid piece.
F25DF5E9-FF74-41A2-A740-460D676C1ABB.jpeg
DF6594C0-BAFF-4E46-A8BF-250979F9D357.jpeg

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
could be a crack? have you inspected it off the vehicle? no doubt it's getting blow by....could undue it while on a lift, start it up and then start tighten it up slowly one bolt at a time to see if it won't seal up.

OP
OP
TyrFryr_5.0h

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
If you have any o2 sensors past that they won't read right.
The down stream o2 are after that, and that my problem. I need to smog the car and they won’t ready.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyrFryr_5.0h

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
could be a crack? have you inspected it off the vehicle? no doubt it's getting blow by....could undue it while on a lift, start it up and then start tighten it up slowly one bolt at a time to see if it won't seal up.
I’ll have to put it back in the air and check it again. I had it out and didn’t see anything but I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check again.

OP
OP
TyrFryr_5.0h

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
It looks as if your mid pipe is bottoming out on your long tube side bracket.
It does bottom out on it. I tightened the shit out of it to try to seal it up and it still leaks. I even put washers in to try to take up some of the slack on the bolts and it leaked worse.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
The more you tighten it now the more its going to spread your socket flange side, the more it will leak. That bracket on the ball (long tube) side needs moving back about a 1/2 inch. Is it tack welded in place?

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Imho that looks like it is not formed right. I think you are fighting a bad part.