Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for your reply PP0001.
There were only two SVT dealerships in the Maritime area that I know of but understand that now since SVT is supposedly defunct (at least around here) that "regular" dealerships can access high performance vehicles upon request. But they have to be a high volume store, which mine is. They've sold a few late model GT350's in the past and also sell the Raptor and Shelby half-ton trucks. The dealership will also "trade" with other dealerships to get whatever the customer wants (they had a 2005 Ford GT years ago in the showroom).
Now, getting a 2020 GT350R HEP would be another question. I'll be lucky to get a "street" GT350 HEP.
I wrote my original e-mail on the FMC website in the "contact us and send a suggestion" drop down box, so any credit would be long gone, but something tells me Jim Owens would at least give me a wink if he and I were to discuss the subject. No real way to prove this and doesn't really bother me anyway. I'm just glad that Ford is offering the car. It sounds to me that this will be the last year for the GT350, with the GT500 taking top seat. The new Mach 1 will fill the GT350 and Bullitt void quite nicely.
I was aware that all GT350's came with an ID badge but didn't know that the 2015 R's coincided with chassis and VIN. I've owned a few SE Mustangs in the past and they never lined up, almost like a last minute attachment.
You could argue that all Bullitt models were a "heritage edition" but wasn't named or offered as such because of the Bullitt nomenclature affixed to the car. I agree, that at least since I've been buying Mustangs, there has never been a Heritage Edition Package, mainly because there hadn't been enough time that passed to offer one! I still have some small "Mustang 25 Years" badges that my dealer gave me (3 of them) after I purchased a 1989 GT. They told me to push one into the dash and then drill two small holes over each fender above the 5.0 sign to complete the 25th Anniversary model. Of course I did no such thing....
May your patience be great as you wait for a car worth waiting for. I'll keep you posted after I visit the dealer again this coming week.
I suggest that Halifax and St. John's were the two SVT dealerships out your way but could be wrong.

It is my understanding that the only way to get a 2020 R model with the HEP option would be to secure an allocation for 1 of the 10 R's allocated to Canada for the 2020MY and then hopefully change one of those allocations over to the HEP option.

With respect to the 2015 GT350/R's the first 37 cars were R models with the chassis number designations starting with "F0001" which was an Oxford White Base R model and was sold to the Ford family and with "F0037" being that last 2015 R model being sold to John Atzbach who just happens to own the very first 1965 Competition R model of the 36 cars produced back in 1965.

The next 100 2015 GT350's with chassis numbers "F0038" through "F0137" were all Track Pack and Tech Pack cars and also had VIN and chassis numbers that coincided.

Appreciate your comments on being patient as I have learned the hard way with respect to delivery times for some of these cars.

My 2015 GT350 was assembled in July 2015 and it took until January 2016 in order to take delivery.

Then later than same year and in the Spring of 2016 I took delivery of a 2016 Base R model and then took delivery a 2017 Base R model in July, 2016.

I mentioned to Ford that must have been some kind of record for anyone to take delivery of 3 brand new Mustangs from 3 consecutive model years all in the same calendar year let alone within 7 months of each other.
Sponsored

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
I suggest that Halifax and St. John's were the two SVT dealerships out your way but could be wrong.

It is my understanding that the only way to get a 2020 R model with the HEP option would be to secure an allocation for 1 of the 10 R's allocated to Canada for the 2020MY and then hopefully change one of those allocations over to the HEP option.

With respect to the 2015 GT350/R's the first 37 cars were R models with the chassis number designations starting with "F0001" which was an Oxford White Base R model and was sold to the Ford family and with "F0037" being that last 2015 R model being sold to John Atzbach who just happens to own the very first 1965 Competition R model of the 36 cars produced back in 1965.

The next 100 2015 GT350's with chassis numbers "F0038" through "F0137" were all Track Pack and Tech Pack cars and also had VIN and chassis numbers that coincided.

Appreciate your comments on being patient as I have learned the hard way with respect to delivery times for some of these cars.

My 2015 GT350 was assembled in July 2015 and it took until January 2016 in order to take delivery.

Then later than same year and in the Spring of 2016 I took delivery of a 2016 Base R model and then took delivery a 2017 Base R model in July, 2016.

I mentioned to Ford that must have been some kind of record for anyone to take delivery of 3 brand new Mustangs from 3 consecutive model years all in the same calendar year let alone within 7 months of each other.
The SVT dealer I used to deal with years ago was Wood Motors Ford in Fredericton, NB. I think they have since dropped their SVT affiliation, then Halifax, NS took it over from them. St. John's, NFLD used to be an SVT dealer (one of only two in the Maritimes at the time), but not sure what their status is now. Since Ford Performance has since blended the old SVO and SVT into a more comprehensive and accessible product by mainstream Ford dealerships (Focus ST, RS et al, the old "car" days) giving them a broader sales offering.
Only 10 2020 GT350 HEP R's for Canada-quite a rare car indeed. Canada is such a small market when compared to the US. We buy lots of raincoats, rubber boots and snow shovels-that's about it.....In my area, I think we received two SRT Demons that were quickly scooped up.So to see a new 2020 GT350R HEP around here will be a rare sight.
I've never even heard of anyone setting the record you did on purchasing three GT350's that quickly. Never a dull moment around your house. Ford owes you a loyalty discount for sure.
Very interesting info on the first GT350R's being made. History means something to Ford, evident with the upcoming HEP model.
I'm thinking that this time around the HEP models (especially in the US) won't take too long of a wait. Unlike the 2015's, the tooling is all set up, just a matter of scheduling-unless there is a production hold of some kind, but doubtful. But, who knows for sure?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The SVT dealer I used to deal with years ago was Wood Motors Ford in Fredericton, NB. I think they have since dropped their SVT affiliation, then Halifax, NS took it over from them. St. John's, NFLD used to be an SVT dealer (one of only two in the Maritimes at the time), but not sure what their status is now. Since Ford Performance has since blended the old SVO and SVT into a more comprehensive and accessible product by mainstream Ford dealerships (Focus ST, RS et al, the old "car" days) giving them a broader sales offering.
Only 10 2020 GT350 HEP R's for Canada-quite a rare car indeed. Canada is such a small market when compared to the US. We buy lots of raincoats, rubber boots and snow shovels-that's about it.....In my area, I think we received two SRT Demons that were quickly scooped up.So to see a new 2020 GT350R HEP around here will be a rare sight.
I've never even heard of anyone setting the record you did on purchasing three GT350's that quickly. Never a dull moment around your house. Ford owes you a loyalty discount for sure.
Very interesting info on the first GT350R's being made. History means something to Ford, evident with the upcoming HEP model.
I'm thinking that this time around the HEP models (especially in the US) won't take too long of a wait. Unlike the 2015's, the tooling is all set up, just a matter of scheduling-unless there is a production hold of some kind, but doubtful. But, who knows for sure?
Agreed that tooling will not be an issue for the 2020 GT350/R HEP optioned cars but that the Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue OTT stripes will be the biggest challenge when it comes to timely production deliveries for both sides of the border.

turBO951

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Heritage Edition, 2007 Toyota Matrix XR (winter)
Contacted Ford Performance this afternoon and they confirmed the car has been ordered by my dealer. The FP representative noted the status of my order is "unscheduled / material hold", he said it would likely be picked up for production in late Mar 2020. Great to see some of the others on this thread have their cars in production, cant wait to see their pictures.
Dealer notified me yesterday I have a VIN ending in 52134, late March 2020 build :like:

Sponsored

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
Right on fellas, it’s good to see everyone is starting to get VINs and production dates, as far as R HEP orders go we are are at:

1.) TYAO=RH: VIN 551054 - March 4th

2.) PP0001: VIN 551210 - March 30th

3.) Slingblade: VIN 551448 - April 6th

Anyone else with R order have VIN/date assigned?

I am kinda hoping to be the first one To get an R HEP...
My R Vin ends 551191, build week March 23. Dealer missed the Carbon Fiber dash. $500 option, $3300 to add at the dealer--so that is out. But got the tech package and cover.

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
My R Vin ends 551191, build week March 23. Dealer missed the Carbon Fiber dash. $500 option, $3300 to add at the dealer--so that is out. But got the tech package and cover.
Congratulations! I wonder what the time frame is from when our cars are built until delivery to the dealer? Does anyone know what the "usual" delivery time is, or is it completely random?

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
Congratulations! I wonder what the time frame is from when our cars are built until delivery to the dealer? Does anyone know what the "usual" delivery time is, or is it completely random?
i was told july/august.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
i was told july/august.
If you have a March scheduled build date I would suggest a lot earlier delivery date than what your dealership is providing you at least that is what I am being told.

Sponsored

FredS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
on order 2020 Gt350
How accurate is Fords vehicle order tracking page? My car was ordered Dec. 2nd. The page says car will be delivered in 24 days.

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Spoke with Noah today, updated production date to Tuesday March 3rd!

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350, 2017 gt350. 2007 gt500 2005 gt
Spoke with Noah today, updated production date to Tuesday March 3rd!
That's fantastic! Appreciate the updates. I can hardly wait to get a VIN#. Hoping my dealer is proactive in keeping me up to date with the progression. Until then I'm living vicariously through you guys lol

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
That's fantastic! Appreciate the updates. I can hardly wait to get a VIN#. Hoping my dealer is proactive in keeping me up to date with the progression. Until then I'm living vicariously through you guys lol
No problem man! This is my first mustang and am pretty stoked about it, have you called ford performance yet to see where you are at? They are the ones that told me i have a Vin and a production date, Noah over there is great to work with. Anyhoo, I can’t believe next Tuesday is the date, It has been 7 months since I put my order in and it’s finally becoming a real thing!

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350, 2017 gt350. 2007 gt500 2005 gt
No problem man! This is my first mustang and am pretty stoked about it, have you called ford performance yet to see where you are at? They are the ones that told me i have a Vin and a production date, Noah over there is great to work with. Anyhoo, I can’t believe next Tuesday is the date, It has been 7 months since I put my order in and it’s finally becoming a real thing!
I haven't contacted Ford Performance, Would you have the contact info? I
I haven't called Ford Performance. Will you share the phone #. ? Thanks!
Sponsored