Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

turBO951

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Heritage Edition, 2007 Toyota Matrix XR (winter)
2020 R HE score. Called a local F dealer in Eastern Mass. Sales rep didn't even know what it was. Called a second local F dealer and got a sales manager. Yes Sir, he said, we've got one allocated, coming in 13 weeks. You want it? Yes, I said. Well come down with a $5K deposit and it's yours. That was yesterday. Today, I made the 15 minute drive and handed the polite sales manager my check for $5K. Oh, I forgot to mention. Bastards get $10K over MSRP. Worth it? I guess it depends on the definition of "limited production run". Time will tell. Meanwhile, it's safe to say, I'll be one of only a few in NE driving this incredible car. Thoughts?
Robert, congrats on ordering the GT350R HEP, it will be a nice addition to your collection. I am in central Massachusetts, so maybe I will see you around in the summer at a cars & coffee.
Sponsored

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Congratulations on getting a VIN and scheduled production date for your 2020 R with the HEP option!

Did you add the Technology Package, CF Instrument Panel or car cover to your list of options as if I recall correctly those were the only 3 options available for an R model coming with the HEP option?

I was also fortunate to get a VIN last week with it ending in "551210" and a scheduled production date for week of March 30th.

Can't wait for our cars to arrive and get them on the road and I'm sure many enthusiasts out there will question the looks of our cars especially with them coming with the Guardsman Blue side stripes and Blue badging!!

Very happy to see that the Red side bolster and Red seat bolster inserts have been eliminated along with the Red chassis plate on the passenger side dash and replaced in Blue.

Also it will be interesting to see what chassis number designation series that Ford assigns to these cars as it is my understanding that the HEP cars may have their own chassis designation series?

FWIW, the very last R model built for the 2020 MY will be going to Bill Ford with his OTT and GT350 designation side stripes being painted on as well as having Blue side bolster inserts and Blue seat bolster inserts along with his car coming Blue brake calipers.

With the Ford Family owning the very first R model namely chassis number "F0001" and now they are going to own the very last 2020 R model with the HEP option what does seem to tell us???

In any configuration these are going to be cool cars!!!
Appreciate it. I went all out with the options. At least of the three options offered beside the Heritage Edition Package. Electronics Package, Carbon Fiber, and the car cover.

Concur on the red side bolster and inserts.

I did see what the plan was for Bill Ford's last R of 2020. If we would have had the option for painted stripes, blue calipers, and blue interior I would have done exactly that as well.

Far as painted stripes go, I am in the process of finding a reputable place to do just that. Plan on doing it the right way and not a cheap way since this car will definitely be a keeper. Painted over top stripes and side stripes with clear coat over it all. Besides not having to worry about stripes deteriorating over time, I like how the painted stripes won't have any breaks in them and wrap around all the edges especially on the side stripes. After that's done and paint has been cured, PPF and ceramic. Thats the extent of my planned mods at least for awhile.

My vin ends in "551448"

Last edited:

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Appreciate it. I went all out with the options. At least of the three options offered beside the Heritage Edition Package. Electronics Package, Carbon Fiber, and the car cover.

Concur on the red side bolster and inserts.

I did see what the plan was for Bill Ford's last R of 2020. If we would have had the option for painted stripes, blue calipers, and blue interior I would have done exactly that as well.

Far as painted stripes go, I am in the process of finding a reputable place to do just that. Plan on doing it the right way and not a cheap way since this car will definitely be a keeper. Painted over top stripes and side stripes with clear coat over it all. Besides not having to worry about stripes deteriorating over time, I like how the painted stripes won't have any breaks in them and wrap around all the edges especially on the side stripes. After that's done and paint has been cured, PPF and ceramic. Thats the extent of my planned mods at least for awhile.

Congratulations on getting a VIN and scheduled production date for your 2020 R with the HEP option!

Did you add the Technology Package, CF Instrument Panel or car cover to your list of options as if I recall correctly those were the only 3 options available for an R model coming with the HEP option?

I was also fortunate to get a VIN last week with it ending in "551210" and a scheduled production date for week of March 30th.

Can't wait for our cars to arrive and get them on the road and I'm sure many enthusiasts out there will question the looks of our cars especially with them coming with the Guardsman Blue side stripes and Blue badging!!

Very happy to see that the Red side bolster and Red seat bolster inserts have been eliminated along with the Red chassis plate on the passenger side dash and replaced in Blue.

Also it will be interesting to see what chassis number designation series that Ford assigns to these cars as it is my understanding that the HEP cars may have their own chassis designation series?

FWIW, the very last R model built for the 2020 MY will be going to Bill Ford with his OTT and GT350 designation side stripes being painted on as well as having Blue side bolster inserts and Blue seat bolster inserts along with his car coming Blue brake calipers.

With the Ford Family owning the very first R model namely chassis number "F0001" and now they are going to own the very last 2020 R model with the HEP option what does seem to tell us???

In any configuration these are going to be cool cars!!!
Right on fellas, it’s good to see everyone is starting to get VINs and production dates, as far as R HEP orders go we are are at:

1.) TYAO=RH: VIN 551054 - March 4th

2.) PP0001: VIN 551210 - March 30th

3.) Slingblade: VIN 551448 - April 6th

Anyone else with R order have VIN/date assigned?

I am kinda hoping to be the first one To get an R HEP...

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350, 2017 gt350. 2007 gt500 2005 gt
Right on fellas, it’s good to see everyone is starting to get VINs and production dates, as far as R HEP orders go we are are at:

1.) TYAO=RH: VIN 551054 - March 4th

2.) PP0001: VIN 551210 - March 30th

3.) Slingblade: VIN 551448 - April 6th

Anyone else with R order have VIN/date assigned?

I am kinda hoping to be the first one To get an R HEP...

Congrats to all that have build dates! Could you post your order dates? I ordered a non R Heritage Jan 12th and sure would love to see it in the spring rather than late summer. These build dates are giving me a little hope. Not knowing the process, I am wondering if maybe the R's get built first?

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Congrats to all that have build dates! Could you post your order dates? I ordered a non R Heritage Jan 12th and sure would love to see it in the spring rather than late summer. These build dates are giving me a little hope. Not knowing the process, I am wondering if maybe the R's get built first?
My initial order date was July 29th, 2019 and I adjusted it soon after the Heritage Edition was announced (beginning of Jan)

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My order date was 4 days earlier than yours with my order date being January 8th, 2020.

Over the years and starting with the 2007 GT500, 2012 Boss 302 and then the 2016 GT350/R programs I have often found that Canada will get a number of very early car builds for HP Mustang models therefore let's hope that this is also the case for yourself.

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
While my HEP is not an R .
Here is my order process info so far
Ordered January 6th
Priority code of 19
Vin last digits =51198
Confirmed with Noah at FP build date. Week of March 23rd .

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350, 2017 gt350. 2007 gt500 2005 gt
Thanks for the update on the order dates guys, I’m feeling a little more optimistic! Maybe my lottery ball will fall PP001 and I will get one of those early Canadian bound builds. I’ve been following Raiti’s Rides on youtube and he ordered his Heritage R in February and thinks it may be built in April and delivered in June . Hoping that the first one of you that get your car post a bunch of pics, I’ve looked at the scraps online too many times lol.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I was thinking to order gt350 HE and had a conversation about it with the local Ford dealer. But reconsiders because I realize that HE will be a garage quin. So, I went with regular gt350 which will be my on street and track bitter.

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Tom wood Ford in Indiana still has a GT350R allocation....chance to still get the HE package.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Thanks for the update on the order dates guys, I’m feeling a little more optimistic! Maybe my lottery ball will fall PP001 and I will get one of those early Canadian bound builds. I’ve been following Raiti’s Rides on youtube and he ordered his Heritage R in February and thinks it may be built in April and delivered in June . Hoping that the first one of you that get your car post a bunch of pics, I’ve looked at the scraps online too many times lol.
I too went to my local Ford dealer last Friday and enquired about a 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition, non-R (I've also seen Raiti's Rides videos-great stuff!). The dealer never heard about the Heritage model until I brought it up. I told them what I wanted: Handling pack, CF dash panel, and car cover (no Tech pack). They still haven't gotten back to me yet for pricing and availability, so I'll have to phone them next week to see what's up. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that the Canadian cars will probably arrive at dealers in late May-early June, so just in time for our brief post-winter season called summer.
As a side note, when Ford first released the 2015 Shelby GT350, I wrote Ford Motor Company and expressed my displeasure that they weren't releasing the car as I thought they should in the proper colors of Wimbledon White c/w Guardsman Blue OTT stripes (with rocker panel stripes as well), plus an ID badge on the interior panel. I said they should call this the "Heritage Edition" model, but never heard back from Ford. I doubt very much that I was the only one to think of this but find it kinda' strange that it has the same name as I mentioned to them almost five years ago. I didn't even get a call from Ford offering me a 50% discount on a new GT350 Heritage Edition Package.....Oh, well.
So now they've come out with the car I asked for from the start. I guess I have no choice but to buy one!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I too went to my local Ford dealer last Friday and enquired about a 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition, non-R (I've also seen Raiti's Rides videos-great stuff!). The dealer never heard about the Heritage model until I brought it up. I told them what I wanted: Handling pack, CF dash panel, and car cover (no Tech pack). They still haven't gotten back to me yet for pricing and availability, so I'll have to phone them next week to see what's up. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that the Canadian cars will probably arrive at dealers in late May-early June, so just in time for our brief post-winter season called summer.
As a side note, when Ford first released the 2015 Shelby GT350, I wrote Ford Motor Company and expressed my displeasure that they weren't releasing the car as I thought they should in the proper colors of Wimbledon White c/w Guardsman Blue OTT stripes (with rocker panel stripes as well), plus an ID badge on the interior panel. I said they should call this the "Heritage Edition" model, but never heard back from Ford. I doubt very much that I was the only one to think of this but find it kinda' strange that it has the same name as I mentioned to them almost five years ago. I didn't even get a call from Ford offering me a 50% discount on a new GT350 Heritage Edition Package.....Oh, well.
So now they've come out with the car I asked for from the start. I guess I have no choice but to buy one!
I assume that you are working with an SVT dealership and if so every SVT dealership got 1 allocation for a 2020 GT350 and they could still order their 1 allocation with the many color options for 2020 and suggest that they still might have a chance to change over to the HEP option subject to their car not being already scheduled for production and a possible WS issued.

With respect to the 2015 Shelby GT350/R's I suggest that the reason that Ford did not go with the Wimbledon White color for this car was based on the 2015 50th Anniversary Mustangs (1964 cars produced) already coming in that color therefore they decided to go with Oxford White instead of Wimbledon White.

Not sure if you were suggesting that an ID badge did not appear for the 2015 GT350/R's but all 137 cars did come with an ID badge with the 2015 GT350/R's being the only year that the VIN and chassis number coincided with each vehicle produced.

The 2020 GT350/R Heritage Edition Package option started off with a conversation between Bill Ford and Jim Owens with Jim ultimately setting the wheels in motion for this cool package.

I could be wrong but do not ever recall any Mustang model year having a HEP option over the last 6 generations with the 2020 being the first year for that distinction.

Just curious, when you wrote your letter to the FMC where did you send it to?

Good luck with your search for a 2020 GT350 with a HEP and if you are looking for an R model I suggest that chance has long gone.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
I assume that you are working with an SVT dealership and if so every SVT dealership got 1 allocation for a 2020 GT350 and they could still order their 1 allocation with the many color options for 2020 and suggest that they still might have a chance to change over to the HEP option subject to their car not being already scheduled for production and a possible WS issued.

With respect to the 2015 Shelby GT350/R's I suggest that the reason that Ford did not go with the Wimbledon White color for this car was based on the 2015 50th Anniversary Mustangs (1964 cars produced) already coming in that color therefore they decided to go with Oxford White instead of Wimbledon White.

Not sure if you were suggesting that an ID badge did not appear for the 2015 GT350/R's but all 137 cars did come with an ID badge with the 2015 GT350/R's being the only year that the VIN and chassis number coincided with each vehicle produced.

The 2020 GT350/R Heritage Edition Package option started off with a conversation between Bill Ford and Jim Owens with Jim ultimately setting the wheels in motion for this cool package.

I could be wrong but do not ever recall any Mustang model year having a HEP option over the last 6 generations with the 2020 being the first year for that distinction.

Just curious, when you wrote your letter to the FMC where did you send it to?

Good luck with your search for a 2020 GT350 with a HEP and if you are looking for an R model I suggest that chance has long gone.
Thanks for your reply PP0001.
There were only two SVT dealerships in the Maritime area that I know of but understand that now since SVT is supposedly defunct (at least around here) that "regular" dealerships can access high performance vehicles upon request. But they have to be a high volume store, which mine is. They've sold a few late model GT350's in the past and also sell the Raptor and Shelby half-ton trucks. The dealership will also "trade" with other dealerships to get whatever the customer wants (they had a 2005 Ford GT years ago in the showroom).
Now, getting a 2020 GT350R HEP would be another question. I'll be lucky to get a "street" GT350 HEP.
I wrote my original e-mail on the FMC website in the "contact us and send a suggestion" drop down box, so any credit would be long gone, but something tells me Jim Owens would at least give me a wink if he and I were to discuss the subject. No real way to prove this and doesn't really bother me anyway. I'm just glad that Ford is offering the car. It sounds to me that this will be the last year for the GT350, with the GT500 taking top seat. The new Mach 1 will fill the GT350 and Bullitt void quite nicely.
I was aware that all GT350's came with an ID badge but didn't know that the 2015 R's coincided with chassis and VIN. I've owned a few SE Mustangs in the past and they never lined up, almost like a last minute attachment.
You could argue that all Bullitt models were a "heritage edition" but wasn't named or offered as such because of the Bullitt nomenclature affixed to the car. I agree, that at least since I've been buying Mustangs, there has never been a Heritage Edition Package, mainly because there hadn't been enough time that passed to offer one! I still have some small "Mustang 25 Years" badges that my dealer gave me (3 of them) after I purchased a 1989 GT. They told me to push one into the dash and then drill two small holes over each fender above the 5.0 sign to complete the 25th Anniversary model. Of course I did no such thing....
May your patience be great as you wait for a car worth waiting for. I'll keep you posted after I visit the dealer again this coming week.
Sponsored