• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lights under the hood - LED light strips recommendations?

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Hey gang. Looking for recommendations on LED light strips that can be installed under the hood that can withstand the heat. I put a strip in the trunk, but not sure how they would hold up under the heat.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
As part of my self-defense prep, I always carry (among other things) a small yet powerful rechargeable tactical flashlight. Good not only for under the hood but when inspecting any other part of the vehicle. I guess I just don't see a need to strap everything to the car itself.

None of those LED kits on fleaBay mentioned heat resistance.

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I can understand the convenience of LEDs under the hood. Not my preference but I can see the appeal. I don’t have a suggestion for the strip but I have a craftsman flashlight that is magnetic and also has a hook. Magnetic for keeping it from rolling off non-flat surfaces and the hook for dangling from things like the hood latch, when the hood is open. The light swivels 360 degrees so I can illuminate the entire engine bay.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
I don't think he wants the LED's for seeing things underhood. I think it's a bling/mod thing.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
didn't say it wasn't. I'd rather have go than show.
Everybody's needs are different.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
As part of my self-defense prep, I always carry (among other things) a small yet powerful rechargeable tactical flashlight. Good not only for under the hood but when inspecting any other part of the vehicle. I guess I just don't see a need to strap everything to the car itself.

None of those LED kits on fleaBay mentioned heat resistance.
Roger that. Not my cup of tea either, but I'm sure the OP can assess and make their own call as to what fits their bill.

OP
OP

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
I don't think he wants the LED's for seeing things underhood. I think it's a bling/mod thing.
No, the complete opposite. On every other car I've ever owned, it's had a light built into the hood so you can see what your doing at night, if needed. I have magnetic lights and such, I don't want something that needs to be maintained or will have dead batteries in it when I need it.